Just been questioned by the plod over 'driving erratically'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
About 15 minutes ago as I pulled onto a local supermarket car park a police car pulled up beside me. As I almost fell out of my car he got out and asked if I was ok and had I been drinking..I said 'no officer I haven't'. I then invited him to breathalyse me,but he declined saying it was ok as he couldn't smell alcohol on me. He asked for my details and said they'd had a report of me driving erratically. Anyway,that's it. I wanted him to breathalyse me,but he wouldn't. He was ok but maybe calling me by my Christian name was a little too informal.🧐 He did however say that he had never pulled someone over before who was wearing a cravat,driving gloves and tweeds. I took that as a compliment and he then left. How about that eh?!! I haven't been pulled over by the police for a possible driving offence since 1882!!

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Perhaps next time, try to drive without almost falling out of your car, even if you were only in a supermarket car park... :laugh:

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
An artist impression of the suspect...

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't know why someone reported me as I always drive like I'm taking my driving test. I've played my journey back over in my mind,but nothing happened to make someone report me! 🤔 If I were the police I'd be thinking about having a word with the complainant about wasting police time!!🧐

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sounds like someone may have it in for you Accy. I should watch out for the curtain twitchers.

I don't know why someone reported me as I always drive like I'm taking my driving test. I've played my journey back over in my mind,but nothing happened to make someone report me! 🤔 If I were the police I'd be thinking about having a word with the complainant about wasting police time!!🧐

Perhaps nobody did, but he had his own reasons for wanting to check something, and that was an excuse?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That was a close call Accy Mr Cyclist, sir.
Did the Officer not think to test you for the waccy baccy and multiple lines of coke you took before driving? That would have been my suspicion if you were dressed as you say you were :ohmy:.
A neighbour vowed revenge after I reported him for threatening me when he was drunk,but if he were to phone the police hoping they'd pull me then breathalyse me, he'd most likely do it when I drive to my local pub for one pint. Him thinking it's have more than 1 point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom