Just Bought a Specialized Tricross!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Jazz, 17 Aug 2012.

1. Jazz

Jazz Regular

Now then!

As the title mentions, I have just paid the £50 deposit on a Specialized Tricross Disc 2012 and will be going to see it at the Evans Cycles shop in Gateshead on Wednesday. It's on that 0% finance which I'll snap up if it's on offer. Since they said I can add my kit in to the 0% finance I would like to know what I need to get from the shop at the same time. The commute is 11 miles each way and I aim to be fit for C2C next year.

So let the kit suggestions begin! Please :smile:

Drago, potsy and Hawk like this.
  2. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Do they sell Chris Hoy's legs? If so, add a pair to your shopping basket.

3. johnr

johnr Über Member

I've got an earlier version which I love. Enjoy!

4. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

As Uncle Mort... A helmet if you want one, couple of pairs of padded shorts (& longs if winter commuting), a reasonable jacket if riding in the winter (Altura night vision good IMO), a couple of baselayers, a wind proof jersey and shoes if planning on going clipless. And you may need pedals if the bike doesn't come with them! Oooh and a pair of good gel mitts. Plus a Gold standard D lock... Plus a pump (track for home, mini one for out), some spare inner tubes and a multi tool...expensive this cycling lark :whistle:

Evans have a sale so not a bad time to be buying

Enjoy! :bicycle:

5. OP
    OP
    Jazz

Jazz Regular

Cheers Uncle Mort & vickster! Right I think I know what I'm getting then! If anyone has any additional suggestions I'll be happy to hear them.

Sale goods on tick, can it get any better? :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice