Just bought my first TT bike 2nd hand.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colina

Hi all, I just bought my first TT bike 2nd hand. Its a 2007 Specialized Transition. It's hasn't been serviced for a while has a few marks here and there but nothing major.

My question is what all should i be worried about replacing / servicing?

I have a new chain on the way for it and gave it a good clean last night. Should be thinking about getting it recabled and get the bearings etc replaced. Or just run it for a while and see what happens.

It's my 2nd only bike and 1st 2nd hand one.

Cheers, Colin.
.facebook_1461583299635.jpg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Might be a few years old but if it's had little use there may be almost nothing wrong with it. At this point I wouldn't change anything unless it is worn, doesn't work properly or you need to make changes to improve the bike fit.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Like Palinurus said, might not need very much at all. How old are the tyres? if they look remotely cracked/perished then chuck them in the bin as they could be almost 10yrs old. If the indexing is good, hubs and headset feel smooth then just ride it and see how it goes :okay:

OP
OP
Colina

Colina

Cheers guys. The previous owner put Mavics on a couple of years ago and everything seems grand. I don't think it's been cleaned in a long time. Hoping to get her out for a test run at the weekend.

Top Bottom