Just came across this piece of casual anti-cycling propaganda

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
https://penarthnews.wordpress.com/2...d-to-walkers-and-cyclists-from-november-27th/

Can I draw your attention to the phrase in this article "On which pedestrians have to dodge speeding cyclists."
Shocking statement and very untrue. From riding that way many times I can say that there is a separate marked out cycle path away from the pedestrian areas that pedestrians frequently stray into and meander around in putting themselves and cyclists at risk. When the cycle path and pedestrian area do merge, all the cyclists I have ever seen have been cycling safely and considerately and certainly not speeding. Reading the comments section and seeing what some ignorant types posted only served to get my blood up further.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Go on, reply there ;)

:popcorn:

mjr

People when walking will always behave anarchically. To a lesser degree cyclists behave a bit anarchically when away from motorised traffic. For this reason shared space between pedestrians and cyclists will never work like a road. Live with it, or don't.
The complaints seem to apply to both shared space and where there's a footway.

mjr

People when walking will always behave anarchically. To a lesser degree cyclists behave a bit anarchically when away from motorised traffic. For this reason shared space between pedestrians and cyclists will never work like a road. Live with it, or don't.

mjr

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
The comments section of the Penarth Daily News needs a strict moderator to keep their readership on topic:biggrin:.
Not gonna lie, some of them are so ignorant it's funny. Some poster ranting about how all cyclists are macho males intent on running down everyone in their path.

johnnyb47

Guru
I've never cycled along there ,but the media always tars every cyclist with the same brush.
You get a few "bad eggs" and automatically all cyclists are baddies in their eyes.
On the other hand though they don't adopt the same attitude to motorists,
There,s good and bad in all of us, whether we drive,cycle or even walk, but the cyclist as whole always gets there name blackened but the odd few that flaunt the law

Top Bottom