Just for a minute, I thought my dream had come true..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
..came in today after a week away to find a box with 'newborn elephant' written on it, and a load of bones in it. Alas, a quick look told me that it was in fact being used to hold a few old horse bones, that wouldn't fit in the other two boxes that had appeared...

I wonder where the elephant is though? I knew we had some isolated teeth (now, that's a big thing, an elephant's molar), but I didn't know we had a baby one knocking around.

Better do some work. I have to put together some new storage racks, and divide an otter and a dog up into elements (humerus, femur, metacarpals etc) to add to the collection.

on a bright note it means that the baby elephant is still alive!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch;94806...and divide an otter and a dog up into [B said:
elements [/B]
Perhaps you were meant to divide them into elephants, not elements, in order to confuse future archaeologists...:evil:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Stick on a Giant said:
Mickle, is a divided otter similar to a split beaver?

<affects not to know what they're talking about>

It's not that similar, beavers are large rodents, whereas otters are mustelids. The dentition alone is completely different...

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:

It's not that similar, beavers are large rodents, whereas otters are mustelids. The dentition alone is completely different...

how do you know though? Have you ever considered the possibility that the Otter was lying about its dentition?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:

It's not that similar, beavers are large rodents, whereas otters are mustelids. QUOTE]

I prefer English mustelid to French mustelid:blush:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
how do you know though? Have you ever considered the possibility that the Otter was lying about its dentition?

NO. I've seen the dentition with my own eyes, I don't rely on animals telling me about their skeletal structure... Once they are skeletons, they aren't very talkative anyway...

Top Bottom