Just gave away my Dawes Discovery 201

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shouldn't announce it on here, as acts of charity should in general go unannounced imo but thought I'd post this just to spur other people on to do the same. Gave it to someone who had their £800 nicked. I know how it feels to have a bike stolen, so that's what motivated me in this. The bike was perhaps only worth about £60 second hand anyway but it's the thought that counts I guess. It was in very good condition though.

I shall live happy in the knowledge to know that the bike which has been sitting in my shed for over a year (as it needs a new front tyre) is now getting some serious use. It was too big for me anyway. So everyone is happy. :-)

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Good work Riverman! I'm very much in favour of the 'pay it forward' philosophy. Do a good turn for someone and ask them to do a good turn for someone else in return. Make the world a better place.

OP
OP
Riverman

Riverman

Guru
The other thing is the guy is on JSA having completed his MSc from Southampton University about six months ago and has little cash. There's nothing worse imo than having to rely on buses when you're unemployed.

I should mention that I was inspired by numbnuts who was kind enough to give me a a pretty much brand new rear mech when mine broke.

longers

Legendary Member
I should mention that I was inspired by numbnuts who was kind enough to give me a a pretty much brand new rear mech when mine broke.

It's good when what ought to go around does go around. Nice one Riverman.

I must be in debt as I've had loads of help recently, all very much appreciated. Need to get busy!

Top Bottom