Just got my new ''second'' Suntour VX derailleur in the mail today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ridelover9941

Very happy to say got my new ''second'' SUNTOUR VX rear derailleur in the mail today. I forgot to add earlier I'm currently riding on a Shimano Tourney 6/7 speed derailleur on my 80's Fuji S12-S LTD road bike. Amazingly, it's working with my vintage friction CHARGER levers. Going to keep my new (to me) SUNTOUR VX rear derailleur as a spare if my Shimano derailleur breaks or gives up.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice. Is it the VX-GT?

OP
OP
R

ridelover9941

Nice. Is it the VX-GT?
Yes. It's the medium size cage. It says VX-GT on the cage near the bottom pulley. It has the hangar and screw for screwing onto the dropout, the barrel adjuster and dial, and screw for locking down the cable. The pulleys are in wonderful condition, so is the cage, but someone greased it down before I bought it. I'm a very happy man now that I have an excellent condition SunTour VX-GT derailleur, the same model derailleur that was originally equipped on my Fuji S12-S LTD road bike :smile:

OP
OP
R

ridelover9941

Here's a picture of the SunTour VX derailleur I got today

Attachments

• front view of my order of my new SUNTOUR VX rear derailleur.jpg
    front view of my order of my new SUNTOUR VX rear derailleur.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 142
I’ve just got a new old stock Raleigh branded VX GT. Can I ask what cassette you’re using this with? I’m hoping I can get it to work across an 8 speed cassette on friction mode.

mikeymustard

Veteran
@eddieallen72 It'll work on any number of gears, you just need to adjust the stops

Top Bottom