Just had my first incident! RAGE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CJ87

Ok as I've already said I'm a relatively new road cyclist and over the past few weeks I've found other road users safe and respectful. On my way home from a ride today a little chav mobile complete with an exhaust reminiscent of a cooling tower shot past me within about 6 inches and I was hit in the face with a handfull of loose change. I know the correct thing to do is shrug it offand not rise to the bait but unfortunately I just had to throw my water bottle at his back window and give the little underclass scumbag a few hand signals. I stopped regained my composure collected my water bottle and carried on safe in the knowledge that the golum esq boy racer would probably wrap his car around a tree in the near future (judging by the way he drove). Unfortunately about a mile later chav scum was back and this time he pulled along side me long enough for his smaller and even more rat like passenger to spit right at me. Now coins I can shrug off but spitting I despise. I guess I should of simply ignored it noted his registration and called the police, although rage is a strange thing. Somehow being already shattered I managed to kick into high gear and chase the car, ironically it's probably the fastest my little road bike has been riden to date. Said scum pulled into a little car park followed by me, this is where I lost my composure, I'm ashamed to say I threw my helmet at his car and continued to scream explitives at the 2 rat faced goons inside. I find it strange how when confronted these people turn into scared little boys. Luckily I refrained from raising my fists in anger and after recieving a suprisingly scared apology I decided to leave and let them geton with injecting heroin or whatever it is these vermin do on a daily basis. As you can probably tell I am absolutely tamping, apart from the fact it's disgusting as a new cyclist I could easily of come off my bike and gone under the traffic. Unfortunately I didn't get his registration and oddly I don't even remember the car other than it was silver! I'm so annoyed that this has happend, and I know 99.9% of other road users are absolutely brilliant but it has put me off a bit! Ahhh the joys of cycling, I'm off for a bath to cool down!
Chris

yenrod

CJ - ive really got to give it to you !!!! big time.

When you mention coins I had a load thrown in my direction last eve.

So it must be getting air time somewhere on the net, maybe ???????

Though I was just walking back from the shop.

What was the reaction of the car driver when you lost it in the car park ????

I'd love to know.

OP
OP
C

CJ87

Lol thanks venrod, as I mentioned they looked like scared little boys and when I asked what the hell they thought they were doing they just sat there looking very sheepish and worried, there was no 'big man' attitude like they had when driving past me! At least they apologised and hopefully they will think twice before doing it to somebody again! The coins didn't bother me as much as the spit mind you! Spitting at somebody should result in lifetime imprisonment in my opinion, I think it's such a disgracefull thing to do!
Thanks again though mate!

RedBike

Thing is he'll do exactly the same again to someone else and they might not be able to shrug it off or they may be seriously hurt. Either knock three bells out of the little sh-te or report him.

I've had trouble with a lady (and I use that term loosly) leaning out of the passenger window of her boy-firends car and slapping my arse. She obviously found it highly amusing, I didn't!.

Initially I didn't want to go to the police out of shear embarisment but i'm glad I did. It turns out shes been going around pushing loads of riders off!

PsychoRider

Über Member
Good on ya Chris your actions were justified but next time we should all try to think first these or any other muppets could have had weapons or god for bid waited and used the car as the weapon.....never let them come between riding your bike or they win anyway

yenrod

CJ87 said:
Lol thanks venrod, as I mentioned they looked like scared little boys and when I asked what the hell they thought they were doing they just sat there looking very sheepish and worried, there was no 'big man' attitude like they had when driving past me! At least they apologised and hopefully they will think twice before doing it to somebody again! The coins didn't bother me as much as the spit mind you! Spitting at somebody should result in lifetime imprisonment in my opinion, I think it's such a disgracefull thing to do!
Thanks again though mate!

Its what kids lack nowadays - a ****ing good talking too instead parents are merely friends and basic and sometimes serious lawlessness results !

If you state the case with a living being (animal or human) then everyone knows the 'score' and the agreement can be built on.

I'm convinced that their is not that much inteligence difference between animals and humans the only exception is that humans, certain humans at that, sadly can talk.

That doesnt mean you have to be a hitler BUT firmness is very lacking in this society !

Hence the reason CJ and moi & a good few others get crap like this...

OP
OP
C

CJ87

RedBike said:
Thing is he'll do exactly the same again to someone else and they might not be able to shrug it off or they may be seriously hurt. Either knock three bells out of the little sh-te or report him.

I've had trouble with a lady (and I use that term loosly) leaning out of the passenger window of her boy-firends car and slapping my arse. She obviously found it highly amusing, I didn't!.

Initially I didn't want to go to the police out of shear embarisment but i'm glad I did. It turns out shes been going around pushing loads of riders off!

Hi Redbike, I read about you're altercation earlier and am really glad to hear the police know who they are. Unfortunately in my hast at getting my point across and under a red mist I didn't get the registration, I'm not even entirely sure what car it was, it was silver and I'm thinking possibly a peugeot 206. It happend on the road inbetween the local university and a private hospital so is relatively quiet, I guess it'd be worth contacting the police incase there are any cameras around although I can't help thinking they'll just laugh me out the station as I have absolutely no proof!

OP
OP
C

CJ87

PsychoRider said:
Good on ya Chris your actions were justified but next time we should all try to think first these or any other muppets could have had weapons or god for bid waited and used the car as the weapon.....never let them come between riding your bike or they win anyway

Thats a very valid point, and thinking back now they did essentially have me cornered in a car park, although luckily for me on this occasion they were spineless losers!

OP
OP
C

CJ87

yenrod said:
Its what kids lack nowadays - a ****ing good talking too instead parents are merely friends and basic and sometimes serious lawlessness results !

If you state the case with a living being (animal or human) then everyone knows the 'score' and the agreement can be built on.

I'm convinced that their is not that much inteligence difference between animals and humans the only exception is that humans, certain humans at that, sadly can talk.

That doesnt mean you have to be a hitler BUT firmness is very lacking in this society !

Hence the reason CJ and moi & a good few others get crap like this...

Thats true, got to admit though it was a bit odd as a 20year old student to be reading out the riot act to a couple of 18/19 year olds!

theres no teaching these little tw*ts.... theyre not even boy racers IMO- just wannabies, and wannabe bad boys, gutless... I dont know what i woulda done, been lucky in this way so far. maybe we should all add a pen and paper to our packs for writing reg's down, and some expanding foam for squirting up exhaust pipes!- that would be getting even IMO- no car for a while, and a wasted exhaust, nice...

glad you didnt fall off though..

Bigtallfatbloke

Learn how to repeat the number plate over and ove rin your head until it sinks in; or carry a pen and paper, or do what I do, call into th enear4est service station and get them to right down the number in your head and tell them what happened...the police like that because they can see this is a genuine incident. Rememeber the time from your computer and the nearest street name. GO into the police station and fill in a form giving full details of what these scumbags did. Then insist to the officer that you want this investigated and them paid a visit .
I haven't had coins yet, but i did get a pepsi can the other day and I get verbally abused on just about every ride. I have been hit twice by lorry drivers and been 'brushed' three times by white van man one of whom took the incident into what the police later called a 'road rage' incident. I have had rodents reach out of the window and grab my rear rack on a roundabout and try to pull my rear wheel from under me.
These 'people' are nothing short of attempted murderers and should be treated as such.
I want to get a cycle helmet camera soon & I will use it for the police and you tube purposes.
****in' peasants...I feel for you, I would have been very tempted to rub his spotty oik face in dog shoot.

...however what really pisses these little **** heads off is if you just laugh at them.

jashburnham

Good on ya mate, you should have dragged the little f@ckers out of their chav mobile and delivered a good kicking - word to the wise, Speedplay's metal cleats are excellent for this... Of course it's always better to get the police involved but sometimes I reckon these scrotes need a taste of their own medicine! I never understand why people want to pick on us roadies, we are invariabley fitter and stronger than your average moton, perhaps that's why they always hide in their little box when challenged?

dodgy

Glad you're OK, and why is it that these types always have rat faces? It's true! They all have little peanut heads and lean forward in their seats with arms/elbows draped over the wheel!

There's a good likelihood that you should change your helmet now by the way, not sure if anyone else has picked up on that.

Dave.

OP
OP
C

CJ87

Thanks guys, I think I will be adding a small pen and paper to my pack in the near future. I didn't think in a million years when I started out a few weeks back that I'd have to contend with things like this! I guess thats the world we live in though. Feel for you bigtallfatbloke luckily I havn't had anything that serious happen to me yet and as for the cleat idea jas I'm still using clips at the moment :smile:.
Dodgy do you really think I need to change my helmet? I'm using a cheap Giro Transfer, it did hit the car pretty hard although doesn't appear to be any damage other than a pretty large scuff on the back?

Top Bottom