Just had my first incident! RAGE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

CJ87

Over The Hill said:
Just has to add my "well done mate". Brave but right thing to do and justified in losing it a bit. Cant keep taking crap for ever.

Interesting I get a bit of a different reaction with my two bikes.
Racer with me in mildly bikish gear and pushing on a bit I tend to not get abuse.
Fold up with me in my work gear I am the lowest of the low. A bit of abuse but more looked on with contempt and they just ignore me and walk or drive out in front of me. Even some bike riders look right through me!

Cheers mate! Actually saw the guys whilst out again today and there were no problems whatsoever, think I might be marked as a psycho ;). It's interesting what you can say about different reactions, all I can think is that perhaps some people have more time for somebody they consider to be a 'sportsman in training' than a humble commuter!
Chris

OP
OP
C

CJ87

Andy in Sig said:
CJ,

I think that you've taken exactly the right course of action. There is little that the police would have been able to do to them which would have had a deterrent effect, but you scared them and that will have an impact. Each will have noticed how the other was reduced to the silly little coward he actually is and so instinctively they will be more reluctant to kick the same procedure off again. As it happens you also kept the moral high ground by not thumping them.

I had something slightly similar, altough not as bad, once happen to me when a car turned right across my path when I had right of way, causing me to skid and nearly come off. The driver laughed and drove off. I guessed he was on his way to the local supermarket and so leisurely went off after him. Sure enough there was his car. So I waited for him and his wife to get back in the car, went up to the vehicle, tapped on the window and said, "Let me introduce myself: I'm the bloke you could have killed back there" and proceeded very forcefully but very calmly to lecture him on his driving. All the while he was trembling, really scared. His wife just kept giving him a "told you so" sort of look. I suspect that this was an effective course of action as yours.

Well done!

Haha thats brilliant! I bet his wife gave him a right telling off after you left!;)

In trouble

Well done for facing these two idiots.:smile:

If it happens again, or something similar, get the car details, and as you were able to in this instance, get a good look at the offender who spat at you, and note a description down as well. A photo on your mobile or camera is even better.

let the police know, and they have to act. With the day, date, time, number plate, and description of offender, it really is a no-brainer.

Spitting is Common assault, and I know from experience, that magistrates will often give a harsher fine (and order more compensation be paid to you) to someone who spits, above someone who might, for example, slap you.:smile:

Only need to be careful that you don't get yourself into trouble. Be wary of throwing things like your helmet at their car, because i can absolutley guarantee that they would be the first ones to complain to the Police that you have damaged their precious Chav Mobile, and again, unfortunatley, on reciept of a complaint, the Police have to act.:evil:

I would have reached in and removed their keys before informing them that you'll be dropping them off at the nearest polis station when you pop in to report the assault and dangerous driving.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Well done Chris, these little (and big) Chavs think society owe them something, we do, a good kick up the ar$e..............
Roy

Top Bottom