Just had the worst haircut ever!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Back in the days when cropped hair wasn't so ubiquitous, I went on hols to Greece with a mate. Got chatting in a bar to a woman with cropped hair (she wasn't a lesbian :ohmy: ). Later that night, I told my mate I'd like my hair cropped like that (it was shortish anyway, but nowhere near cropped) and in our drunken haze, we agreed that he would cut it for me...

His utensils were a pair of round-end scissors, like kids have a tprimary school, and a fruit-knife (no, I'd never heard of one either, till that moment).

We were staying in a room with two single beds, either side of the room. I sat on a chair in the middle. He's stand behind me, have a few snips, then fall drunkenly onto one of the beds. After a minute or so, I'd weake him up and he'd have another go. And so it went on for an hour or so till we both fell asleep.

Woke up the next morning, looked in the mirror, and basically it looked like I'd been zapped by nuclear wotsits, or spent some time in a concentration camp.

Got a Greek barber to sort of even it up, but he only had scissors, not clippers, so it still looked pants.

I wore a hat for the rest of the holiday!

Got back to Blighty, and went to my dfavourite barber in Paddington... only thiung he could do was give me #1 clipper cut... it looked neat, if shockingly short for those times...

A week later, I was "giving away" my sister at her wedding... she wasn't too chuffed with my new look ;)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I think Greedo's hair might have grown back after 4 years.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not troubled a barber in 28 yrs, started when I thought it was going into a "widows" peak and I'd grow it long one last time but not receeded any more since.:biggrin:, now started getting the "winter plumage" grey but its still there. :wahhey:

Thanks @Greedo. I accidently pulled the clippers out of the cupboard with something else yesterday, the landing broke another prong off the guide.Now down to 4/7.Was wondering if it was worth gambling that they'd be ok to use, don't think I'll risk it now. On the other hand I'm stuck on a boat for another 2 weeks before I fly home, plenty of time for it to grow back if I risk it? Hmm...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thanks @Greedo. I accidently pulled the clippers out of the cupboard with something else yesterday, the landing broke another prong off the guide.Now down to 4/7.Was wondering if it was worth gambling that they'd be ok to use, don't think I'll risk it now. On the other hand I'm stuck on a boat for another 2 weeks before I fly home, plenty of time for it to grow back if I risk it? Hmm...

Is it safe to have a haircut in Brazil?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3155108, member: 76"]My mum had one of those! It was a cream coloured thing, and in all the years she used it on us the blade was never sharpened. I have some extremely fetching school photos between about ages 5 and 9![/QUOTE]

My mum did mine with one of those - bloody hell it pulled. She did a perfectly good haircut with a scissors, but that gadget was not an improvement.

I'm DIY buzz cut these days, as, thankfully a #2 all over is a perfectly respectable middle manager's haircut, rather than being a badge for skinheads / yobbos / NF-types as it was back in the day.

I had a near disaster as I had a late night urge (without any ahem, "fine dining" beforehand I might had) to get my hair cut and forgot to put the little comb bit back on. Fortunately I noticed before doing a #0 right up the middle, though one side was a bit short right up to my forehead.. Ah well, at least it grows back

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
[QUOTE 3154338, member: 1314"]Just sourced the greatest hair salon ever! Gender neutral and not prejuidiced against punks.

View attachment 48906 [/QUOTE]
Could be a bit pricey, once you allow for the airfare :whistle:.

Top Bottom