Just my luck :-D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Riding up a bridge this morning in a cyclelane, light traffic and a guy in a hiviz builders coat up ahead. I soon catch up with him and he hears my freewheel and very kindly pulls over to the side to let me pass. I check behind and go wide, say "thanks mate" and hammer down for the downhill.

Only problem is when I click in the bigcog and my chain comes off and wraps itself right around the pedal and crank! :tongue: Completely locked up. Had to take a detour and get off and fix the thing.

That could have gone soooo wrong! ;)

TijnUK

Blimey that could indeed have gone seriously wrong. Much damage to the paint job?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh no, did that twice last week, once when showing a fixie I didnt like who was boss, literally when passing him, major embaressed and one new KMC Silver SL chain bent... wasnt happy but told me!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Paintwork is already trashed so no worries there! :biggrin: The chain missed the paint tbh and just wrapped itself around the crank and mostly the pedal! It also held the crank in position so that it wouldnt even rotate back.

Had to really grip it and tug it off (:biggrin:) to free the damn thing. Got grease all over my nice new gloves too.

Luckier than my Brother. He had the same thing happen and ended up smashing his head into the road, flipping the bike 180. No serious damage though, he gets whacked harder in the ring. :wacko:

Top Bottom