Just ordered a new camera for the bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broady

Veteran
I need to get a camera
I had a lady drive into the front quarter of my car a while back while I was parked, but still sat in the drivers seat. She admitted fault at the road side and later on the phone.
Her insurance company then said that I pulled out into her! My cars engine wasn't even running, but I had no way to prove this.
I drive an old wreck and it only took the bumber off the clips with a little scuff her passenger door was dented.

Although I wasn't supposed to I contacted the lady directly and she did drop the claim.
I should have got a camera right then, but I will be getting one soon.

Are there ones suitable for the bike and car? Can't really afford a lot at the moment

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
bleeding hell Happy, did the driver contest that?
and what on earth were they doing in the lead up to that?
No, they didn't contest it. I put the images into the letter I sent to the insurance company so they didn't have chance.
The driver was looking right whilst accelerating left at the entrance to a roundabout, and apparently had the memory of a goldfish.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I need to get a camera
I had a lady drive into the front quarter of my car a while back while I was parked, but still sat in the drivers seat. She admitted fault at the road side and later on the phone.
Her insurance company then said that I pulled out into her! My cars engine wasn't even running, but I had no way to prove this.
I drive an old wreck and it only took the bumber off the clips with a little scuff her passenger door was dented.

Although I wasn't supposed to I contacted the lady directly and she did drop the claim.
I should have got a camera right then, but I will be getting one soon.

Are there ones suitable for the bike and car? Can't really afford a lot at the moment

The GoPro and the numerous copies can by car mounted as well !

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
@downfader has your M10 arrived ?
Got it friday. I was off work sick after buggering my neck (which is causing me a lot of pain even now, though I'm back at work/riding) so I had a good play.

The sensor is under exposing by default. You have to set EV by 1/3rd so no worries on that front.

Many listing online suggest the fittings are Gopro compatable. The version I bought didnt suggest this but its obvious the Chinese factory have ripped them off, LOL. It turns out there is a slight extra thickness in the plastic on the waterproof case. I prefer the K Edge fittings and really wanted to use that so spent this afternoon carefully grinding the plastic to fit on Dad's desk angle grinder. The roughened surface also means its now slipping less.

The included handlebar fittings will fit some of the older narrow bars. For example on many of the older style step-through ladies bikes. Sticky pads might also fit to many pannier racks with a shelf (mine doesnt have one) if you want to use the QR clips. The tripod mount is good, as is the car cradle if you have a suction mount. I think this could work well as a car DVR.

Hoping to start using it tomorrow to test it on the road.

Top Bottom