Just ordered this for the youngest boy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
:becool:

Not sure if he's tried it for size, but if he is a 'very small' 9yo, then he may struggle to ride a 700c/48cm frame. My 8yo is big for his age and he has only just moved up to a small-framed 650c race bike..

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
lucky boy

screenman

Legendary Member
That seems a bit big for a 9 year old, I hope it fits. I am 5ft 7in and only ride a 51cm on that shape frame and a small on a compact, along with a 16 inch on the MTB.

Growing into it is one thing, but what I really meant was that he may actually be too small to ride it - even with the saddle slammed down and forward.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Growing into it is one thing, but what I really meant was that he may actually be too small to ride it - even with the saddle slammed down and forward.
Maybe there is another 'present' on its way?:whistle:

dpan774l.jpg

Sara_H

Guru
Oooh. My 9 year old is DESPERATE for a road bike for his birthday in December. Going to try him on one of these.

Has anyone seen any reviews of them?

Oooh. My 9 year old is DESPERATE for a road bike for his birthday in December. Going to try him on one of these.

Has anyone seen any reviews of them?

it's an adult bike, with 'standard' 52/42 adult gearing (I don't ride gears that big) and adult-sized bars and cranks - worth bearing that in mind before you buy one for a nine year-old who may not be able to ride it. The Dawes Espoir 26 might be a better bet, or an Islabike Luath 26, or the Moda Major.....

Top Bottom