Just picked up....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Me and Mrs D's new Thorne Sherpas from SJS.
Have done a bit of credit card touring in France and Spain but will now be able to carry camping kit etc. Will have to have a local practice trip before we head to France in August.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Pictures??? Thorn fans demand pictures!!

jags

Guru
well done dave d i also ride the sherpa fantastic bike got it this year im hopeing to do my first tour in the not to distant future .best of luck with the bikes have fun..

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Got to ask. Why the change from CC touring to loaded?'

Will be fair weather camping, if it's chucking down we'll go to a hotel but when it's hot and sunny we'd rather camp. Just haven't had the means to carry the gear before. We are also hoping to do some more adventuress tours over the next few years and have a vauge plan to go round the world in 5 or 6 years time.

Both Sherpas are drops/bar end shifters, mines the nice matt black and mrs d's is the dark grey which was all they had in extra small. Went for a spin to the pub last night and am pleased with them so far, will go out for 3 or 4 hours tomorrow to fine tune the set up.

Got to say how impressed we were with the service at SJS, particuarly Lisa who spent a couple of hours going through the specs and set up with us.

jags

Guru
yip we need to see photo's
sjs are great im living in ireland and there service was excellent to me nothing was a problem and they make great touring bikes...

samid

Veteran
Another vote for SJS from the other side of the pond - I bought a Carradice Longflap from them, very reasonable shipping and arrived promptly.

Top Bottom