Just put MrsF's birthday present together

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
She has a hybrid but wanted fun bike for canal rides to Leeds and Skipton. It's a hefty thing, I'd guess about 18kg or so, 6 speed, integral LED lights powered by dynamo. The rear rack can hold an impressive 27kg, the front basket 7kg. I regret not thinking ahead and getting some brown or tan tyres.......

1810908_default.jpg

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Pretty!

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Yep, built for comfort not speed! She saw one in London last weekend and remarked that she'd like one.

Should be 3 washers, nuts, bolts for the basket, only 2 of each came. I couldn't fit the basket till l realised the support bracket was fitted upside down. Lots of scratches to the bars, maybe a display model?

Even with this nitpicking it is astonishing value.

DRM

Guru
Tell her you’ve got her an application form for deliveroo to go with it, get a few Chinese take always/ curries in those baskets,:okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I got my wife a full sus BMC XC bike for canal rides.....

PS make sure she get's used to it before you go on the canal. I serviced a friends Pashley, and my word, I could hardly ride it (bars about 2 foot higher than I'm used to). It's a different beast from her hybrid.

midlife

Guru
Silly question but is that a spring between the front brake and the downtube?

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I hope the canal isn't a mud fest like ours.

Ours has had many £m's spent on it, it's good and even after heavy rain it's 90% good Skipton to Leeds, 30miles ish. The tyres will be cosmetically knackered after the first ride.

Silly question but is that a spring between the front brake and the downtube?

Yes, but tis a steering damper not any old spring.:okay:

Top Bottom