Just seen Arch on Look North

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
simonali said:
No offence intended, Shorty! ;)

I've had my bike a while now and am still playing with the saddle height every time I ride it, hence it being on my mind and me noticing, but comfort is the main priority, eh?

My godmother, who is 6' tall, says I have Duck's Disease... And when I go to her house, I can't see in any of the mirrors.:ohmy:

Pete

PrettyboyTim said:
Ah. I found it now. Here's the link to Arch's section.

Nice one, Arch!
That link doesn't work: it only takes you to the help page, but I think this points to the correct video. Hope this one stays put!

Well done Arch... :angry:

Kirstie said:
There's an interesting surveillance angle to that story as well....apart from the obvious road safety/cycling aspect.

'Plain clothes' surveillance cyclists? Actually, I wonder if a helmet cam may mean being called as a witness to other accidents/incidents - more often...

Andy

Arch

Married to Night Train
andyoxon said:
Well done Arch... :smile:

'Plain clothes' surveillance cyclists? Actually, I wonder if a helmet cam may mean being called as a witness to other accidents/incidents - more often...

Andy

'Plain clothes'? I left my 'Polite' Hi vis vest off for the day of filming, as a matter of fact... :biggrin:

I'd certainly be more than happy to act as a witness if it came to it - just as I would if it came to testifying what I saw with my eyes, rather than my camera.

:smile: I'm fuming!

I've just had another look at the video and the reporter lady has suggested that other cyclists are now interested in having helmet cameras like Archs. That is just not true. In fact Arch was interested in a helmet camera like mine!! :ohmy:

A letter to the BBC controller is in order. I will be sending them copies of the Cyclechat archive as evidence!! I will also be setting the record straight when I get my time behind the camera. You have been warned Arch!!

Arch I'm on to you and your plan for world domination. I'll bet your helmet camera serial number is 666.........:biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:;)

Arch said:
'Plain clothes'? I left my 'Polite' Hi vis vest off for the day of filming, as a matter of fact... ;)

I'd certainly be more than happy to act as a witness if it came to it - just as I would if it came to testifying what I saw with my eyes, rather than my camera.

The police cyclists around here dress head to toe in black, including black helmets; I think even the bikes are black. Not a high-vis article in sight. :biggrin:

Pete

magnatom said:
I've just had another look at the video and the reporter lady has suggested that other cyclists are now interested in having helmet cameras like Archs. That is just not true. In fact Arch was interested in a helmet camera like mine!! ;)
Whereas, with all the publicity, sales of ATC2000s will no doubt rocket in the next few days, as 'other cyclists', not of this forum, catch on to the idea. Actually, I'm still toying with the idea of getting myself one, but for different reasons. How well do they perform if handlebar or stem mounted?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pete said:
Whereas, with all the publicity, sales of ATC2000s will no doubt rocket in the next few days, as 'other cyclists', not of this forum, catch on to the idea. Actually, I'm still toying with the idea of getting myself one, but for different reasons. How well do they perform if handlebar or stem mounted?

There's more vibration if mounted on the bike - although you might be able to play about and minimise it with padding under the clamp and so on and I guess it depends on the stiffness of your tyres etc.. And I think you can get anti-shake software? Otherwise, you might be able to mount it on a strap round your arm, or somehow on your shoulder on a rucksack strap? Or even round your head - they come with a rubber strap for that, but I've never tried it.

Sorry magnatom - remember, this is local telly, so the local person is always the first... By the 8pm BBC1 news snippet, I'd apparently 'invented' the camera myself!

To redress the balance, someone wants to write a piece on Bike Radar and has been asking me for info. I've given him the link to our helmet cam section:biggrin:

Arch said:
There's more vibration if mounted on the bike

i bet there is! :evil:

the drawbacks of having a hard tail. :wacko:

Arch said:
Sorry magnatom - remember, this is local telly, so the local person is always the first... By the 8pm BBC1 news snippet, I'd apparently 'invented' the camera myself!

You did see the smileys at the end of my post didn't you. Just thought I'd better check!

Actually I wonder who did start this whole camera on bike thing. I remember talking to people about it on the old C+ pages. Is there an archive of the C+ forum?

PrettyboyTim

Pete said:
Actually, I'm still toying with the idea of getting myself one, but for different reasons. How well do they perform if handlebar or stem mounted?

I had mine handlebar mounted before it died. I didn't find the camera shake too bad - you can have a look at a few sample videos on my webpage. I only bothered with the deshaking software on the early ones where I was speeding up the footage.

The biggest problem with handlebar mounting is that the microphone on the ATC2K points directly downwards. The mic isn't that hot at the best of times, but when moving pretty much all you can ever hear is the rumble of the road, and it can't really pick out your voice unless you're really shouting.

I guess you could mount it upside down and just flip the video afterwards... :evil:

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
She'll be hangin out with li-lo, britney and paris soon :biggrin:

Oh dear god, no, I'd have to kill myself....

Yes, magna, I saw the smileys...;) No, I can't remember how it all started off either....

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Just been looking back at the comments about Christa Ackroyd and Harry Grayson - he was around when I was a kid in Leeds in the seventies. What happened to Nick(?) - used to be head boy at my school.

Was this Leeds Look North or the Tyne-Tees version - a search for the video link suggested the latter.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bromptonaut said:
Just been looking back at the comments about Christa Ackroyd and Harry Grayson - he was around when I was a kid in Leeds in the seventies. What happened to Nick(?) - used to be head boy at my school.

Was this Leeds Look North or the Tyne-Tees version - a search for the video link suggested the latter.

BBC Leeds. But apparently it was on the NorthEast edition as well. Friend of mine has a sister up in Newcastle area and they were on the phone and her sister said "Oh! Is that your friend on telly?" and my friend bunged it on via the digibox and caught the end, but then retuned to local for here and it was on a couple of minutes later...

I'm impressed - as far as I know I've only met the sister once! My friend must talk about me a lot!

Top Bottom