Just seen Arch on Look North

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Is this true, Arch? How did you make the news?
Smash n Grab at Scarborough Zoo?

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
From what I heard on the tv and from what I heard about the radio interview, I think some creative editing took place. Came across as Arch having a downer on carheicle drivers. I didn't however see it all, on a return trip from the white telephone so may have missed a wee (!) bit of it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, cool, did it make the lunchtime bulletin then? I'll be watching tonight. And they've said they'll send a DVD of it. Someone said they saw it plugged on the Breakfast News too...

Andy - Just recently the people who sell the helmet cam I use have been having a bit of a PR push, and they asked some of us if we'd be happy to talk about them, including me. Yesterday morning I was on Radio York:

http://www.bikepete.f2s.com/arch.mp3

And then BBC Look North filmed me riding back and forth and interviewed me yesterday lunchtime, for broadcast tonight.

Oh, and I have to be home for 4.50ish, when Radio Five Live Drive will be ringing me for an interview.;)

It's all getting a bit manic!

Elmer, did I look alright? Well, vaguely human would do... I'm guessing it was just a short version...

Maz

Guru
Can't see the vid yet...Does Harry Gration and that Crysta Ackroyd still present on Look North?
Been a while since I last watched it...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Elmer Fudd said:
Was about two/three minutes long This link may work, sorry can't edit it down. (Yes it does work).About 7m 48sec into 12m 30sec programme. And you looked lovely Arch !!

Cheers for that - I managed to watch it ok...

Mmm, I have trouble equating me and the word lovely. But I've looked worse! I think that was pretty OK. I wonder if they'll have a longer version tonight - probably not, that's about the right length for a normal story.

And cool to see what I look like on the bike! Worth doing 20 trips across the bridge for the various angles...xx(

Arch

Married to Night Train
Elmer Fudd said:
And there is absolutely no connection between your newsworthy piece and the fella who was on before you wearing a t-shirt with "Pigs" on it !!! xx( :biggrin:

Yeah, I noticed that!

I guess it does come across as a bit antimotorist, I'm afraid in the time there is that is always going to be a danger - another time, I would try to get in a line about being a driver myself, but you can't think of everything, and it might still get cut. Still, I think I was shown behaving well, that's what counts.

I'm glad the bit worked where she turned to my camera! We didn't know if it would, not having a viewfinder...

Canrider

Guru
Again you made your points well: not evil drivers but perhaps impatient and inattentive, etc. Unfortunately the copy writers tried to put it in more antagonistic terms than the earlier radio interview, but I think you came across very well.

Top Bottom