Just seen this car on the way home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Lol, stop!
I was just suggesting to @Accy cyclist that putting his car's details for everyone to see is not a good idea: he's not convinced :rolleyes: :wacko:
I'm not saying I'm not convinced. I just don't see why/how matching a car with a name could be dodgy. For example if I know a person and that person's name and know their car's reg' what dodgy things could I do?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
their bank account details can be made out.
Only where I have an account, not my actual account number etc.🤔

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm not saying I'm not convinced. I just don't see why/how matching a car with a name could be dodgy. For example if I know a person and that person's name and know their car's reg' what dodgy things could I do?
Someone that knows your real name could send you abuse/threats, because of stuff you posted on here?
Find out your address?
As a moderator, I must point this out to you, but feel free to leave the pictures on the site.
Edit: I see you have deleted them.
Good imo.

classic33

Leg End Member
@classic33 can you find out Accy's real name from the info about his car he posted on here?
Please do not actually proceed or post his real name, just say yes or no :smile:
@Accy cyclist, me personally I don't have neither the desire or the knowhow to find out your real name, but I bet quite a few on here could.
And I know quite a few on the WWW would love to have your personal details!
I'll not post the account number on the piece pictured, but it ends 59.

classic33

Leg End Member
HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!

I agree with @Accy cyclist on this one, how many of you cover your number plates up when you park up in a car park, or whilst parked at the side of the road? There's nothing on the page that you can't get by walking around a car with a camera. The plates are there for you to see in plain sight, the VIN number is also there for you to see, might have to be a bit imaginative to take an image but I bet it's possible.
VIN numbers aren't normally visible on a car parked on the street though.

D

Deleted member 1258

I don't know, I posted the pic of the car purchase in good faith. Why would anyone want to know my boring personal detail

To commit fraud, for identity theft and for any other scheme they can come up with to make money illegally. They could clone the cars identity to use on a stolen car, they could use your identity to claim benefit they're not entitled to, theres a lot of ways they can use you're information.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
To commit fraud, for identity theft and for any other scheme they can come up with to make money illegally. They could clone the cars identity to use on a stolen car, they could use your identity to claim benefit they're not entitled to, theres a lot of ways they can use you're information.
But surely I wouldn't be seen as being 'in on it' would I ? 🤔

classic33

Leg End Member
Then surely by proving my car wasn't the one in the speed camera photo' I'd be ok? 🤔
Two cars, same make, close match on colour with the same number plate. That never happens, it must have been you.

It then falls to you to prove it wasn't. "Brothers car" was parked up in the port of Dover for over two weeks. Port police cleared the car park around the car.
Local police were sent to find out why he'd left it there. The genuine vehicle was outside the house. He still had to get all the paperwork to prove he'd the correct one.

Top Bottom