Just suppose Contador falls off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
Not that anybody particularly wants him to, but the Tour would surely be a lot more interesting if he did...

Who would you choose to top the podium then?

I'd back Armstrong. Reluctantly, but realistically. I reckon he would limit his losses to the Schlecks in the mountains and cream them in the time trial.

mangaman

NickM said:
Not that anybody particularly wants him to, but the Tour would surely be a lot more interesting if he did...

Who would you choose to top the podium then?

I'd back Armstrong. Reluctantly, but realistically. I reckon he would limit his losses to the Schlecks in the mountains and cream them in the time trial.

Contador won't be looking forward to Tuesday at Arenbourg. He could easily fall off and lose loads of time. I think the Schlecks are better bets as their team is better organised to get them to the front at the start of the cobbles.

It depends on the weather (good forecast I believe)

lukesdad

Interesting. Saxobank could rip the race to pieces in the next few days (looking at the weather forcast especially) if they chose to,but they wont as the schlecks would be exposed. Shame Id love to see Fab Stewie and Jens on the front and rip the climbers to shreds.

raindog

er.....
I've got to say, I'm worried about these cobbled stages - I just hope nothing stupid is going to happen to skew the general standings.

lukesdad

raindog said:
I've got to say, I'm worried about these cobbled stages - I just hope nothing stupid is going to happen to skew the general standings.
Yes please,I want another Giro !:ohmy:

Noodley

I think LL Sanchez will win, irrespective of whether Contador or anyone else falls off on any stage...unless it's LL who falls off in which case he'll not win :wacko:

mangaman

Noodley said:
I think LL Sanchez will win, irrespective of whether Contador or anyone else falls off on any stage...unless it's LL who falls off in which case he'll not win :wacko:

If you think that Noodley get your ass over to Betfair - he's 529:1 as we speak.

The miminum stake is £2 so you stand to lose a "pint of beer-ish" amount - but could win £1058 if you are right. :biggrin:

You'd be crazy, even as a Scotsman, :wacko: not to to put your money where your mouth is if you really believe he will win.

montage

God Almighty
Armstrong has shown he has that top end speed in the prologue that he didn't have last year - he is looking really strong!

Noodley

mangaman said:
If you think that Noodley get your ass over to Betfair - he's 529:1 as we speak.

The miminum stake is £2 so you stand to lose a "pint of beer-ish" amount - but could win £1058 if you are right. :blush:

You'd be crazy, even as a Scotsman, :tongue: not to to put your money where your mouth is if you really believe he will win.

Might do that, if I can work it out :biggrin:

That must be worth a punt!

Noodley

Okay just tried to register with betfair...what a PITA that was. What the feck is a Card 'nickname' for feck sake!!!??

So £25 still in my account and not being spent on betting....oh well, I'm off work tomorrow so might wander along to Ladbrokes and see what they have on offer.

mangaman

I'll put £2 pounds on for you Noodley. It's the least I can do after all the hassle you've been through.

I'll PM a confirmation and if LL Sanchez wins you can take the winnings and I'll take £4. If he doesn't I'll lose £2 - ie I'm betting you even money on the bet - how about it :tongue:

Top Bottom