Just unpacked my Elephant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
And here she is

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Cool bike - great back story to them as well.

Enjoy yourself!

Are they numbered?

Arch, formerly of this parish, would have been in love I think :okay:

grldtnr

As a former Postie bike mechanic , I have been intimate with these bikes, the Sturmey 3 SPD was the best of the bunch, the 5 SPD SA gear wasn't reliable, and the Sachs 3 SPD torpedo gear wasn't great, the clickbox and gear change was a pig!
The 'Mileniuem' was a superior bike in my opinion, equal sized wheels so didn't require 2 sets of spares.
If I could have improved on the 'Mailstar/Elephant bike, 20 "or 24" paired wheels would have been better.
many posties still ride them, do a fair few are in service, if only 'cos they didn't hand them back, perhaps that says something about them.

As a former Postie bike mechanic , I have been intimate with these bikes, the Sturmey 3 SPD was the best of the bunch, the 5 SPD SA gear wasn't reliable, and the Sachs 3 SPD torpedo gear wasn't great, the clickbox and gear change was a pig!
The 'Mileniuem' was a superior bike in my opinion, equal sized wheels so didn't require 2 sets of spares.
If I could have improved on the 'Mailstar/Elephant bike, 20 "or 24" paired wheels would have been better.
many posties still ride them, do a fair few are in service, if only 'cos they didn't hand them back, perhaps that says something about them.

I didn't realise the post connection until I read that...

Top Bottom