Just won two million

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'd leave this messed-up country that treats cyclists like dirt. That amount of money would actually make it possible. The European Alps somewhere would be nice, I think...
cycling-smiley-uphill.gif

Drago

Legendary Member
To be honest, after working so hard, saving so hard, and going without for so long so I could quit the rat race early and enjoy my retirement, I'd be pretty pithed off if I won 2 million now!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
That is so true and to a lot of people no matter how much they inherited or won they would still end up in debt
Which is why none of my relatives would get a penny. You'd get at least one who'd blow the lot and then come back for more.

It's funny, if you do well in business and make your pile no one expects you to support them, win a few bob and they think they're entitled to a handout.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Pay off debts

screenman

Legendary Member
True fact, but if it's the lack of money and daily grind of managing on a pittance that's making you unhappy, a couple of mill would certainly lift your mood.

But having nothing to strive for can be miserable. Have you read the Howard Hughes story?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
True fact, but if it's the lack of money and daily grind of managing on a pittance that's making you unhappy, a couple of mill would certainly lift your mood.

i could disagree we live off an average wage and i cant grumble , we do not have all the flash mod cons that some people cant live with out and quite often the chase of these goods cause the unhappiness

screenman

Legendary Member
Some people pretty much live entirely in the present.

Well I suppose another way of describing a gift is as a present, so maybe not a bad idea.

Some of the most miserable people I know are pensioners with no money worries. How does that work.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well I suppose another way of describing a gift is as a present, so maybe not a bad idea.

Some of the most miserable people I know are pensioners with no money worries. How does that work.

Not to bring an airy fairy corporateness to this thread, but I think there is something in the Simon Sinek quote about not confusing happiness with fulfilment. Or similar ones in the corporate world.

As for pensioners, it's a very wide group of people, but I've met quite a few that when the merriground stops and they are in retirement and when they are left with their own thoughts and blocks of time, they find it harder to cope. Blocks of time and your own thoughts though can be a big difficulty in other groups as people as different as people who are addicted to substances or the unemployed.

Top Bottom