Just won two million

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Could you really get that sort of return?

Apparently, with a spread of investments, a million will bring 2+ thousand a week.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Buy mother bear new smaller house, she can sell the current one and keep the £

Pay off sisters mortgage + car finance

Clear my debt

House w/ double garage for me

New cars all round (3x)

Motorbike or two for myself

Replace my cycle fleet with Etap Hydro disc equipped machines.

Holiday home in Majorca

Colin_P

Guru
No real material changes, cars, houses and things never bring you happiness. But I'd set the kids up nicely.

Instead I'd give up work and do voluntary work within the NHS to whom I owe so much. And at the same time continue to wind up and confuse lefty / progressive types wherever possible and try and help them through the concept that they do not have the monopoly on philanthropy. :hugs:

screenman

Legendary Member
And in my dreams I would...

Buy a Ferrari.

Have a hair transplant.

Be fitted for a Shatner strength corset.

Woo Andrea Riseborough (I've moved in from Vorders since she took out the injunction)

Get one of those Rollocks watches.

In reality I'm financially independent, not especially materialistic, and not the sort to go and buy a mansion or a supercar. Properly managed £2,000,000 will return about £20,000 a month, and that's compound, so I'd be inclined to bank it in trust as an income for my kids after I'm gone.

Apparently, with a spread of investments, a million will bring 2+ thousand a week.

Maths not your strong point?^_^ Give you a clue 2000x 52 =104,000 divided by 12 = 8,666.

I reckon you would need to be lucky to get £6000 a month safely. Unless you invested it in a civil service pension^_^ Sorry could not resist.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
At that return I would imagine the investments must carry some risk.

Bricks n mortar for me. Lower return perhaps but a home for someone, perhaps a friend or relative...or kid...wouldn't need a fortune so could provide some low cost living for them, with an assert that will more than likely gain value (never diminish or depreciate) over the remainder of my life, to provide security for my family later in theirs.

TrishE

Über Member
After sorting family I would buy a bigger boat or have mine stretched and I wouldn't work anymore....everything else would remain the same but as I wouldn't be working I would be away mostly :smile:

Pay off the mortgage.
Get my better half the MX5 she's always faniced.
Buy a camper van.
Retire.
Find a part time job I really enjoy.
Enjoy the rest of my life.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The more I think about it apart from house move and retire from work there would not be a lot of changes.

Our mortgage is paid we are happy both sets of parents are comfortable as they are with ease.

Not sure how or what the kids would do with it so might just be easier to buy them a property each and they can make their own decision from there.

Top Bottom