Justified being annoyed with Cheshire police?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Was going to ask - where in Cheshire ? I know it very well. Or did do..... @Bazzer The fence sort of gives a few possibilities.

I see the van passed you with miles of space.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Holcroft Lane, between Glazebrook and Culcheth. A very pleasant stretch when there is no wind and no nobbers.

Looks very similar to Astle Park area, near Chelford - similar fences.. Shows you though, the other drivers pass wide, that idiot would rather hit a cyclist. I'll still say pop the video on the local facebook pages near Glazebrook.

I've commuted nearer Dunham a few times on the bike...

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
@Bazzer The Cheshire Police Complaints Commissioner, David Keane, has been on Twitter saying he'd be "happy to receive contact from the victim and to look into the matter further ". Also says he's a big supporter of the 'too close for comfort ' campaign.

Looks like the added social media attention in your incident might pay off, who knows?

Edited to add: his email is police.crime.commissioner@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

OP
OP
Bazzer

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
@Bazzer The Cheshire Police Complaints Commissioner, David Keane, has been on Twitter saying he'd be "happy to receive contact from the victim and to look into the matter further ". Also says he's a big supporter of the 'too close for comfort ' campaign.

Looks like the added social media attention in your incident might pay off, who knows?

Edited to add: his email is police.crime.commissioner@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

@glasgowcyclist cyclist, many thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:
I hadn't contacted him following @Drago 's response, but shall do so now. I had made a formal complaint, which has been acknowledged and I have been given the name of the inspector who will review it.

Edited to add, email now sent.

Last edited:

Schneil

Veteran
There is no comparison between the two Vids, I can understand why the police did not follow up on the second vid, But the OPs vidio they should have nicked him without a doupt.
Why wouldn't the police get involved in the second video? Benb was followed for some time by the nutter in the astra and threatened. (Imho calling him an idiot is a statement of fact....)
@benb post the video up somewhere and tag with the driver's reg. It won't look great for him if he's ever in front of the beak....

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Why wouldn't the police get involved in the second video? Benb was followed for some time by the nutter in the astra and threatened. (Imho calling him an idiot is a statement of fact....)
@benb post the video up somewhere and tag with the driver's reg. It won't look great for him if he's ever in front of the beak....
Go tell a complete stranger he is an idiot. Let me know how you fair. Someone bigger than you. Dont go picking on a whimp though.

classic33

Leg End Member
And a good chance of any complaint being thrown out, let alone get to court.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I don't want to derail the OP's case, so if anyone does want to discuss my video further, we should start a new thread for that.

400bhp

Guru
Holcroft Lane, between Glazebrook and Culcheth. A very pleasant stretch when there is no wind and no nobbers.

That stretch is pretty bad for stupid overtakes, especially on the bridge taking you over the motorway.

Cheshire police do seem reasonably good to be fair. You can report and upload videos of bad road behaviour online. I hope you get some sort of closure on this.

This has come up before, a guy locally was knocked off (they didn't stop) and the police treated it like a minor car/car prang insurance swap issue. What are the police guidelines on it?

Top Bottom