Kajsa Tylen: The Billie Dovey 81 miles a day progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Its Kajsa not Kasja btw.

There's a similar name in Finland too, pronounced the same (or similar) but there they spell it with an I not a J, "Kaisa" which (unusually for Finnish) is less confusing.

However, this link says it's a Swedish diminutive form of Karin.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Day 34, Kajsa is back on the road and clocks up 88 miles

upload_2016-2-4_8-34-56.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
If you're around and about perhaps you'd like to join in on Saturday, here's the route if you're up for it;

A Year in the Saddle - Kajsa Tylen's 2016 Cycling WR AttempttoWorcester 100-miler
12 hrs ·
So here's the route I've come up with, based on various suggestions and what appears to be a decent place to stop for a cuppa and lunch (Berkeley Tea Rooms). This will give us a headwind in the morning and a tailwind in the afternoon. I've checked the roads on Google Maps and there appear to be no off-road sections, so I'm really spoiling whoever is joining this ride! smile emoticon

2uaxijpm6.cloudfront.net%2Fassets%2Fwebsite%2Fmobile%2Ficon-app-58899e9f5d745473721ac180538dd2f0.png
Worcester 100-miler | Strava Route
strava.com

https://www.facebook.com/ayearinthesaddle/?fref=nf

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Poor lass, she looks really tired and fed up in the latest vlog. Hope today is a better one for you @Kajsa :hello:

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Poor lass, she looks really tired and fed up in the latest vlog. Hope today is a better one for you @Kajsa :hello:
Yep, thoroughly fed up, which is totally understandable. I would imagine we've all had days where it feels like just about every overtake is a close one and every other driver beeps or shouts obscenities.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Steve Abraham planning to join Kajsa this weekend.

Steve Abraham shared A Year in the Saddle - Kajsa Tylen's 2016 Cycling WR Attempt's event.
17 hrs ·

I'll be setting off from home Friday 5th February to the Blackmore Camping and Caravaning site, Hanley Swan, near Great Malvern, Worcestershire. Then I'll be riding with Kajsa doing her Year in The Saddle on Saturday and Sunday. Kajsa would like company on her rides, but there are a few rules.
I'll be taking it very easy riding over to the campsite. It's about 80 miles from Milton Keynes and I expect to stop a few times along the way. Anyone is welcome to join me on the way. ...I'll switch on my live SPOT tracker so it's easier for anyone to join me on the way.
I hope to set off early in the morning but have no time planned. Suggestions welcome. I'll be camping in my tent, but if that's not for you, there are hotels nearby. A Wetherspoons hotel in Great Malvern. Tewkesbury is about 10 miles away and has a Wetherspoons hotel, Travelodge and Premier Inn. But I expect most will only want to do a day, or part of a day.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
They should have some interesting conversation ! (What, stopping already, Kajsa ? - we've only done 105 miles, just getting warmed up ... :hugs:)

Good on Steve - I'm sure he will really inspire and motivate Kajsa. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom