Kajsa Tylen: The Billie Dovey 81 miles a day progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Aye keep your chin up Kajsa, there are tossers everywhere, you just found more than your fair share of them yesterday. Loving the vlogs, which must be hard to do when you come in knackered hungry etc. but gives everyone a great sense of what you are going through.

@ianrauk completely agree with you there.

I think the exploits of Kajsa and formerly Steve and Kurt help many of us to just get out on the bike even if the weather is a bit poor. The thought that it can't be that bad if someone is riding that far daily is very strong.

Keep going Kajsa! The winter will soon be over and if you are only on par with 81mpd at that point, you will be well ahead.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think they could go on the vlog and chat about anything. Not even about cycling and it would be entertaining.

Kajsa wont need to write a book. All she needs to do is release the CD at the end of the challenge ^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Suffering with a bit of a cold and still a little shaken from yesterdays problems Kajsa cuts things a little shorter and rides 69 miles

upload_2016-2-5_8-21-49.png

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Day 35 and Kajsa is a winner already

View: https://youtu.be/yjVNU-emhPk

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hmmm. I've been thinking about replacing my handlebar bag stuffed with mini pies with a top tube bag stuffed with mini pies. I'm still not convinced by the appearance of it though. Could I fit in enough mini pies and my phone and keys too?

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Hmmm. I've been thinking about replacing my handlebar bag stuffed with mini pies with a top tube bag stuffed with mini pies. I'm still not convinced by the appearance of it though. Could I fit in enough mini pies and my phone and keys too?
When I got my new bike I got a top tube bag as I didn't want a saddle bag flapping around, I much prefer the look of it to a saddle bag and generally it's ok, unless I'm going on a particularly long one then I'll bung the saddle bag on as well. However, there isn't a great deal of room in it, Kajsa seems to fit her dinner in hers so she either doesn't eat very much or the size of her bag is very deceptive. Along with a multi tool and some other small sundies I could possible fit two sausages in mine.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My tool kit, spare tubes, spare batteries, and other bits and bobs with no need for quick access are already in a saddle wedge. Trouble with that is that it's so tightly packed that it explodes when opened. Which is why the pies and phone go in the bar bag. I may try a top tube bag.

Anyway, back on topic. Kajsa is in Tamworth at the moment heading SW towards Worcestershire. Go KT!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
When I got my new bike I got a top tube bag as I didn't want a saddle bag flapping around, I much prefer the look of it to a saddle bag and generally it's ok, unless I'm going on a particularly long one then I'll bung the saddle bag on as well. However, there isn't a great deal of room in it, Kajsa seems to fit her dinner in hers so she either doesn't eat very much or the size of her bag is very deceptive. Along with a multi tool and some other small sundies I could possible fit two sausages in mine.

She has a saddle pack too.

ce98ec_b4e50fb74d4a4e2c9522e6bcdfe090b9.jpg

Top Bottom