Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Worse......

Audi
Triple A I call them. Another Audi peanut. Not 100% assured and I try to catch myself searching for confirmation bias but there does seem to be a higher ratio of bad drivers behind the wheel of a vehicle with four circles on the front grille.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Oh that's made me laugh! Where it says 'peanut' in my post above, the word I wrote (but deemed unacceptable by the forum Gestapo on here) describes in more graphic terms, the external sphincter of the alimentary canal.

screenman

Legendary Member
My daughter in law happens to be a multi national cycling champion, she drives an Audi. Why are cyclist against these quality cars? Seems mighty green eyed to me.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Out shopping and nipped into the Pub

There is a guy who has been a pain for many years ... Anti-cyclist petrolhead would be the best way to describe him

Today he arrived on ..... A Halfords special bike

Apparently he now has 18 points in his license, and whilst he has previously got away with a ban because of "hardship" pleas, he failed this time and is now banned for a year and lost his job

I did resist welcoming him to the joys of cycling, but did have a quiet thought about Karma
Don't resist! Welcome him to cycling. With any luck, he'll end up enjoying it so much he'll spend more time on the bike and less in the car (when he's allowed to use the latter). That only benefits all of us.

On a more serious note: the "hardship" claims really annoy me. It seems that in both the UK and Australia, driving motor vehicles is seen as a right, and not a privilege that must be earned and could / should be revoked if abused.

Oh that's made me laugh! Where it says 'peanut' in my post above, the word I wrote (but deemed unacceptable by the forum Gestapo on here) describes in more graphic terms, the external sphincter of the alimentary canal.
Theres a representation of 4 of them on the back of every Audi.

OP
OP
U

ufkacbln

i still do not understand the law . i always thought you get 12 points and you lose your right to drive . plead a load of rubbish and you keep driving until you kill someone or run out of excuses . i am sure i read about some rich women in London who was still driving with over 50 points .

If you can plead "hardship" then the ban is NOT automatic

There are some 7,000 drivers out there with more than 12 points

In 2,000 there was one guy with 45 points, and several with with more than 30 points yet still on the road, in fact only a third of drivers reaching 12 points actually get banned

My daughter in law happens to be a multi national cycling champion, she drives an Audi. Why are cyclist against these quality cars? Seems mighty green eyed to me.

I'd be pushed to call Audi a quality car. Unless poor reliability, and high repair costs are the sign of a quality car?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I have a premonition that, when I die, it will be down to my going downhill at a rate of knots and having my motion abruptly curtailed by a lady in a silver grey Audi pulling out of a junction from the left hand side without looking.

I have the premonition because in recent weeks it has happened to me twice, once in Dulwich and once in Sydenham (different cars and drivers, I should add). Luckily, I narrowly avoided contact on those occasions.

I'm mindful, however, of the three strikes rule.

Nibor

Bewildered
Triple A I call them. Another Audi peanut. Not 100% assured and I try to catch myself searching for confirmation bias but there does seem to be a higher ratio of bad drivers behind the wheel of a vehicle with four circles on the front grille.
I refer to those circle as c0ck rings

Top Bottom