Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
No you're right, we should all take great delight in his misfortune as its self-inflicted after all, hope there's worse to come for him.

No you're right, we should all take great delight in his misfortune as its self-inflicted after all, hope there's worse to come for him.

The real victims are any dependants.

Of course, the consequences are of his own making. A loss of income for a potential family, is still nothing to gloat about.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Triple A I call them. Another Audi peanut. Not 100% assured and I try to catch myself searching for confirmation bias but there does seem to be a higher ratio of bad drivers behind the wheel of a vehicle with four circles on the front grille.
To give credit where it's due, I remember the mighty Clarkson flagging this one up three or four years ago, along the lines of 'You know how BMW has always been the sure sign of a twat? Well it seems things have changed, and now it's the Audi that has become the nobber's vehicle of choice.'

No, not great delight. But presumably he got a number of points over a period, not all one go. Each time he thinks he'll continue to drive badly and put other people at risk. When at 9 points and his job us at risk he still thought that he could drive badly and it'll be ok, the punishment was inevitable. Loss of license. Potential loss of job. I am not delighted by it. But at relieved he's no longer in a car. His lack of job is entirely his doing and if a consequence of driving badly. Tough.

To give credit where it's due, I remember the mighty Clarkson flagging this one up three or four years ago, along the lines of 'You know how BMW has always been the sure sign of a twat? Well it seems things have changed, and now it's the Audi that has become the nobber's vehicle of choice.'
We have two Audi drivers at work. One (older) drives like a (i'm being charitable) twonk. The other, a young whipper-snapper, drives like the safest person being safe I've ever seen!

Nibor

Bewildered
We have two Audi drivers at work. One (older) drives like a (i'm being charitable) twonk. The other, a young whipper-snapper, drives like the safest person being safe I've ever seen!
We don't tend to notice the ones driving safely. I often think it would be fun to get a camera and start a youtube channel lauding drivers for driving safely and passing courteously to restore the balance.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
No, not great delight. But presumably he got a number of points over a period, not all one go. Each time he thinks he'll continue to drive badly and put other people at risk. When at 9 points and his job us at risk he still thought that he could drive badly and it'll be ok, the punishment was inevitable. Loss of license. Potential loss of job. I am not delighted by it. But at relieved he's no longer in a car. His lack of job is entirely his doing and if a consequence of driving badly. Tough.

The one point I was making was that we shouldn't take delight at someone losing their job, I agree he's only got himself to blame but laughing at what is a serious situation the idiot has got himself into isn't very f#cking funny, but at the end of it though this only only the internet so who gives a shit.

The one point I was making was that we shouldn't take delight at someone losing their job, I agree he's only got himself to blame but laughing at what is a serious situation the idiot has got himself into isn't very f#cking funny, but at the end of it though this only only the internet so who gives a shit.
Fair enough. I am very happy he's not in a car anymore. I'm also happy that the consequences of which he ignored before are now severe enough he may be more careful in future.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
As for Volvo drivers....
Whereas you look left, they fall right?
It's a "they think, you think, you don't know"
type of Kansas City hustle
where you take your time,
wait your turn,
and hang them up, and out to dry...

Now the table's turned, the lessons learned,
you gotta earn yourself some trouble...
Revenge like this: never sweet!