Kate Silverton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris James

Über Member
Noodley said:
Slightly off topic but - why is it that when "celebs" (I use the term only as I don't know what else to use) appear in these "adventure" shows and have to wear a safety helmet they always manage to have it at an angle?

I only noticed this on Julia Bradbury when she did Commando Ridge. This was because she had a camaera taped to the side of her helmet. I presume they realised this was a stupid idea as she appeared camera-less on Crackstone Rib and OMS.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
a one-legged university chancellor would fit the bill then (two legs a bonus).:biggrin:

if he has one leg he could still ride fixed i suppose (too dangerous for bonj to contemplate), or get one of those rather dashing carbon fibre bike legs i saw on tv a few weeks ago.

As long as his one foot is attached to the pedal somehow, he can ride geared, can't he?

I should point out, I'd have to actually like the guy. I'm not just looking, indiscriminately for any old bloke with at least one leg and most of his faculties...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
As long as his one foot is attached to the pedal somehow, he can ride geared, can't he?

I should point out, I'd have to actually like the guy. I'm not just looking, indicriminately for any old bloke with at least one leg and most of his faculties...
well we have one thing in common then :biggrin: (mrs alecetc wouldn't approve)

Chris James said:
(and last week's rock climbing one).

I caugh tthat one by accident. Very good, particularly the last climb. It inspired me to get my climbing gear out from the bottom of my wardrobe try it on again. My feet are still the same size but I haven't gone climbing yet. I'll have to wait for the kiddies to grow a bit bigger and persuade them that they really want to give it a try so I can go again.

Chris James

Über Member
Ghost Donkey said:
I'll have to wait for the kiddies to grow a bit bigger and persuade them that they really want to give it a try so I can go again.

We are training our Douglas (14 months) by making him climb the stairs to bed every night! We have another one on the way though so not sure when we will be able to go out climbing with the kids.

I have to barter with teh wife for pass outs for boys weekends climbing in Snowdonia.

The Old Man of Stoer looked great. In fact the tyrolean traverse across to the stack looked an epic in itself. Crackstone Rib is a great route but didn't really come across that well on camera. I haven't climbed Commando Ridge, or any sea cliff, but the look of the waves crashing beneath you made me want to.

Kate Silverton did the London Tri last year, they then showed a piece on BBC Breakfast which showed her looking far from lovely and throwing-up at one point, being very revealingly pointy-chested in a swimsuit at another.

She's either doing it because she fancies that an action-girl image will further her career...or she really is an action-girl and isn't that precious about her image at all, I can't work-out which.

However, she's wonderful in contrast to Natasha Kraplinski, who I can't see anything appealing about at all - superficial, brash, lacking any charisma.

Top Bottom