Keep calm or go nuts!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S1mon

I just picked up my new bike Tarmac sl4 which quarq power meter . I ordered all this in October and have waited for parts ... Picked up bike tonight and gears don't change on front chain rings !!!! It's di2 when it does go up to large ring it grinds like mad .. When on small ring and last 2/3 rear small cogs the derailleur allows the chain to rub together !!! Chain too long ??
Now I'm really annoyed but should I call up and be nice
Call be firm....
It's an hour each way to this shop so a real pita to just pop back....
I don't wan to fiddle with it as I expect it to be ready to ride ... Might as well gone to halfrauds

RWright

Guru
bummer, wish I could help but I haven't got my hands on DI2 yet. It does sound like the chain might be too long. Be nice, you will feel better in the long run.

I built an sl3(?) which had a carbon crank upgrade. I forget the exact set-up now but basically on small - small the chain would rub on the larger chainring and there was nothing that could be done... however it certainly sounds like its not set up properly. Try before you buy?!!

markharry66

Über Member
Ring them up explain problems and that its dangerous to ride and you are shocked they let you ride it home in an unfit state. Also inform them that you expect it fixed as its under guarantee. If they are not willing to do any of the above all of which should be done in a polite manner not raising your voice inform them you want a refund under sale of goods act as it not fit for the purpose you purchased it for.

OP
OP
S1mon

S1mon

Well I'm going back today .. Called them nice and calm
Was told by the kid ( that's what he sounded like) that the mechanic is very good and doesn't do things like this ...

I think that with cheap tat like a tarmac sl4, you will always find that the quality of the cycleparts is poor, the fit and clearances are irregular and the materials used are uneven in quality. Therefore the mechanic carrying out the assembly and PDI will pop them all together in an amateurish and slipshod fashion.

If you want a bicycle that works, you'll need to spend a little more money.

I know a chap in Nigeria who is offering outstanding returns for a relatively modest initial investment. It has 'winner' written all over it.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Grab your DI2 manual and follow the indexing process. It's something like 5th rear and press-hold the button.

You can also trim the derailleurs if needs be.

Or V will know :biggrin:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Grab your DI2 manual and follow the indexing process. It's something like 5th rear and press-hold the button.

I don't think he will be grabbing anything but a telephone to tell the *******s that sold it to him a thing or two.

OP
OP
S1mon

S1mon

Well I called was very calm and polite it was the bottom bracket bearing faulty !!! They said they don't give it the smelly I did replaced and done in an hour
So bit of faith restored for now

OP
OP
S1mon

S1mon

Yes that is only on the rears front is not adjustable via the levers that I know of

Top Bottom