Keep Calm People!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Greggs have shut it’s stores after IT issues causes problems with payments.

No need to panic! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1429.jpeg
    IMG_1429.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 5

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Last week the outlet at Ipswich rail station could only take cash payments due to a technical failure. When I came home the following day they were asking for card payment as a preference due to a shortage of change for cash payments.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I have been to Gregg's once in the last 10 years, at a service station. The sausage rolls were very poor. In fact I'd go as far as to compare their "sausage rolls" to a Ginsters pasty i.e. not very nice, not very authentic, don't see what all the fuss is about. We had one near my student digs in the late 90's, they did exceptionally good filled baguettes but that's all I can remember

classic33

Leg End Member
ATM's, Sainsburys and now Gregg's. All within a week. Is this the machines taking over by denying us access?

Alex321

Veteran
I have been to Gregg's once in the last 10 years, at a service station. The sausage rolls were very poor. In fact I'd go as far as to compare their "sausage rolls" to a Ginsters pasty i.e. not very nice, not very authentic, don't see what all the fuss is about. We had one near my student digs in the late 90's, they did exceptionally good filled baguettes but that's all I can remember

I don't like their sauage rolls much, but some of their "bakes" are quite nice, and both my wife and I very much like their custard slices.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The CEO of Sainsbury's sent me an email to apologise for the problems they experienced last week.

Looks like there has been an IT update somewhere. It usually all goes wrong shortly after IT changed anything.....

Theres a few things going wonky this week, I sent a Faster Payment yesterday that hasn't arrived yet. Its normally same day.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Gregg's is all in the timing - straight out the oven and you're onto a winner, but if they've been under a lamp for a while they're not great.

Whatever cheese they put on their pizza slices is pretty grim.

That's been my experience. fresh from the oven at a local shop -no problem. Motorway services, pretty disappointing as anything with pastry on is busily ransferring grease from the filling to the pastry if kept hanging around too long.

Top Bottom