Keeping clothes creaseless - anyone have one of these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I find the best method is to wear on Monday morning 6 shirts one on top of the other. The base layer is my boil-in-the-bag rain jacket so the shirts don't get sweaty. The top shirt is the sacrificial one, as it protects the others from road grime, leaving me with 5 pristine and uncreased shirts for the week.

The 5 pairs of underpants give my tights an interesting profile.

Really? Or have I fallen for that hook,line and sinker?

redcard

Veteran

Yup.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Do the shirt up, fold it in half so the buttons are in the fold. Fold the back in half again. Fold the sleeves over, then roll (I do it from the neck down but doubt it makes any difference). You get minor creases, but nothing significant.

If you're doing this when travelling, rather than commuting, when you get to the hotel, put the shirts on hangers, hang them up in the bathroom (takes minor creativity with those anti-theft hangers), put the shower on maximum heat full-blast then close the bathroom door. After ten minutes, all the creases will have dropped out.

Reactions: gaz

Norm

My rolling technique is to lay shirt flat, front uppermost, top button done up. Fold in the sleeves then fold in either side of the shirt up to the outside of the collar, which is pretty much folding it into thirds. Then roll from the bottom upwards but rolling it under the shirt rather than on top, so the collar ends up on the outside of the roll and can be smoothed down in packing. The collar is about the only bit that most people notice anyway, as the rest of the shirt gets creased just from sitting at your desk for 15 minutes.

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.

:whistle:

OP
OP
thefollen

thefollen

Veteran
Liking the talk of rolling. Next time I commute in (no secure cycle parking at current contract), I'll be sure to roll.

Thing is, I make my lunch most days (excusing Friday's where I'll often see what's on the pub menu) and more recently have developed a penchant for wraps. Generally go for chicken, mayo, plenty of black pepper & spinach in a multiseed wrap. One issue that could arise from rolling t-shirts is... what if I'm perhaps a little tired or hungover from summery beers? What's stopping me from accidentally attempting to wear my wrap, or more worryingly try to eat the t-shirt?

Top Bottom