Keeping warm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Delicate question here. It's well known with padded shorts/tights that commando is the way to go to avoid pain from creasing between layers.That's fine in summer, but how are we lads supposed to keep our family jewels warm in winter?

Add another layer - roubaix/thermal bib tights

Yeh another layer. I find it fine with or without padding on the outer layer. Either is better than cold giblet syndrome. Just as bad with your digits. Get over shoes and decent winter gloves.
I am away out to do some elevation training and i am wrapping up good. It's bloody cold up those hills.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The jewels don't usually feel cold because there is little airflow to them. Come to think of it, I can't recall ever thinking by heck I'm cold down there - whereas I have done with feet and hands.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
No need for underwear. Just layer up.
I buy my tights without padding, so I continue to wear padded shorts underneath. Never had a problem with anything getting cold.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
No need for underwear. Just layer up.
I buy my tights without padding, so I continue to wear padded shorts underneath. Never had a problem with anything getting cold.
Beat me to it :smile:
I was going to suggest the same thing but as i am a tightwad i am currently using an old pair of running tights , not as good as say unpadded bibs but they do the job.

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
I'll have to take a look at Roubaix then by the sounds of it. The commute is no problem as it's not very long but i went out last Friday for 6 hours and the cold in that area did concern me.

ianjmcd

Über Member
i use compression tights under my shorts cos they are also thermal and then i put another pair of unpadded bib tights over the top if its cold and dont forget overshoes in neoprene/fleece lined

Top Bottom