Keeping warm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Demonclimber

Climbing Ninja
Ah, the old how to keep warm in Winter conundrum. Turbo trainer indoors or an Easyjet flight to the Canaries should do the trick :sun:

D

Deleted member 1258

I've not had problems with cold family jewels, I don't use padding and I don't do commando, if its below freezing and likely to stay that way I'll wear a pair of long johns under my Altura Winter Cruisers, if its above feezing the winter cruisers and bamboo sports trunks are warm enough.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
What's the party line on wearing thermal longs under bib tights? I have a very fine pair of arctic grade Helly LJs and a cheap pair of Tenn bib tights. Am I allowed to wear both? If not, why not?

Thank you.

BTW, I do appreciate that taking a leak might require Houdini-like skills...

D

Deleted member 1258

What's the party line on wearing thermal longs under bib tights? I have a very fine pair of arctic grade Helly LJs and a cheap pair of Tenn bib tights. Am I allowed to wear both? If not, why not?

Thank you.

Do what ever works for you, there’s no right or wrong, if you're comfortable and warm on a cold day that’s all that matters.

Crankarm

Guru
Usually I wear boxers with the padded shorts over them. Never really had a problem.

You're weird ;) .

Crankarm

Guru
I'll have to take a look at Roubaix then by the sounds of it. The commute is no problem as it's not very long but i went out last Friday for 6 hours and the cold in that area did concern me.

If you feel it is going to drop off because of cold don't be tempted to vigorously massage it as you might give some one the wrong impression of what you are doing ...

Crankarm

Guru

Thank you.

I have Smelly Helly's leggings but never worn them for cycling. I much prefer Endura's Thermolite leggings which are very warm and windproof and which have been brilliant for me over about 4 winters. Looking forward to putting them on again in a few weeks when it becomes proper cold. Also Shimano MW80 MTB boots are brilliant - insulated very warm and have a Goretex membrane to keep your feet dry.

U

User6179

Ronhills over the top of bibs and if it gets really cold then a pair of ronhills over the top of eh another pair of ronhills.
On my feet i wear liner sock with pair of thermal walking socks on top .
On top I always wear something that covers my neck in the cold.

Top Bottom