Kelloggs Special K adverts. Anyone gullible enough to be taken in by this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Uncle Mort said:
In the sixties all we had was radioactive readybrek!

preview_320_260_1.jpg

Winscale Flakes xx(

longers

Legendary Member
I like Special K very much, I won't buy it as it is just fresh air and a bit of wispy cereal but if someone else has bought it then I'll quite happily have two massive bowls with full fat milk, cream if there is any and a big spoonful of sugar on top.

WeeE

Corvette chic said:
Reheated porridge in a microwave is worse than cooking it from those little packets.... ;)

Why reheat it? If you use those rolled oats like Scott's (admittedly not the greatest) just make sure it's soaked in cool water for 10 mins, then whack it in the microwave.

Porridge oats is already about as instant as you can get (2-3 mins depending how much it is). Just take it out each minute for a quick stir.

That yukky stuff in "instant" packets is a complete con - it doesn't cook any faster, it's full of sugar and crap - and it costs about ten times as much.

Isn't all the sugar/salt region specific as well? seem to remember reading that the Australian versions of the same cereals get less sugar in them, accommodating 'regional taste'. Or more likely 'what we can get away with'. Is sugar cheaper than the actual cereal?

Top Bottom