Ken Bruce is leaving radio 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Probably brexits fault!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes their incessant moaning about that one is what drove me away from R4 some years ago. Fair enough on news or current affairs shows, you know what you're getting and you can choose accordingly, but when they're cracking jokes about it on Just a Minute to show how right-on they are it becomes a bit of a pith take.

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Anybody been watching the televised pop master quiz with Mr Bruce ?

We watched it a couple of times but it won't be a regular watch.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Drago

Legendary Member
It's probably fairly accurate as the Beeb themselves have touted the same numbers on the BBC news website. Clearly their management are from the Anheuser Busch/NVRMND/Ratners school of how to flush success down the U bend,

No matter what we say about Vernon he is doing well in his children in need challenge this week

He was on Sarah Cox's teatime show, unfortunately his appearence was spoilt by Jeremy Vine who had turned up to annoy him for some reason.

I've been listening to Radio 6 more lately, the music is definately more varied but it also seems to have a lot less talking and more songs played than R2. Has the news on the half hour too for some reason.

Gunk

Guru
He was on Sarah Cox's teatime show, unfortunately his appearence was spoilt by Jeremy Vine who had turned up to annoy him for some reason.

I've been listening to Radio 6 more lately, the music is definately more varied but it also seems to have a lot less talking and more songs played than R2. Has the news on the half hour too for some reason.

I can’t bear R2 any more, I’ve switched to 5 live

I can’t bear R2 any more, I’ve switched to 5 live

Theres some show I still listen to - Folk, Blues, Country, 70s and 80s, theres also 2 good 90s shows that Dermet O Leary and Vernon Kay do. But they are all on at times I don't listen so I use Sounds Catch Up. The actual live shows I can listen to just arn't as good as they were a few years back. Sarah Cox is nice enough but she's no Simon Mayo, Vern's morning show is ok but again no Ken Bruce. I will say I enjoy Sunday mornings - that vicar is good and Steve Wrights lovesongs seems to be the one he doesn't behave like a plonker (plus I like the stories).

The ones I really miss though are Janice Long (RIP) and Alex Lester, their weeknight late shows were amazing.

Top Bottom