Ken Bruce is leaving radio 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Radio Epicaricacy....

sehr gut!

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
The new quiz is daft. I got 9/10 questions right in both rounds today, which would have been a solid 33 or 36 on PopMaster. Because of the scoring system for the new quiz I scored 30 out of 65 and 33 out of 65 respectively.

It's possible to get 8/10 right and score as little as 15 or as much as 37, which is just ridiculous.
It's possible to get 5/10 right and score as little as 5 or as much as 20!

The new quiz is daft. I got 9/10 questions right in both rounds today, which would have been a solid 33 or 36 on PopMaster. Because of the scoring system for the new quiz I scored 30 out of 65 and 33 out of 65 respectively.

It's possible to get 8/10 right and score as little as 15 or as much as 37, which is just ridiculous.
It's possible to get 5/10 right and score as little as 5 or as much as 20!

Wait till you see University Challenge. You can get 4/5ths right, and lose to a team getting 2/5ths right ..

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
As a bit of an aside, there's an interesting programme by Chris Packham that includes a contribution by Ken Bruce and his son Murray.

I found it moving and informative.

Inside our autistic minds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bbnjvx

They talked about it when Chris did his Tracks of My Years a few weeks ago. Chris refered to a lovely experience getting a hug from Ken's son.

presta

Guru
Now it's Richard Coles.

Ken's chair has barely gone cold, and they've got rid of another one who didn't want to go.

They're moving Radio 4 Saturday Live to Cardiff for no apparent reason, so Coles is leaving. His parish is in Northamptonshire, so presumably he's decided it's too far to commute. I don't understand the BBCs policy of making people commute 200 miles from London just so they can sit in front of a camera or microphone that's connected to a cable all the way back to London again. I remember the days when teleworking was going to reduce commuting, not create it.

https://inews.co.uk/culture/radio/r...day-live-bbc-2232413?ito=social_ifb_theipaper

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just been listening to Deff Leppards cover of David Bowie's - Life on Mars on Radio 2 piano room with Vernon Kay's show .
If you get chance have a listen

Drago

Legendary Member
Now it's Richard Coles.

Ken's chair has barely gone cold, and they've got rid of another one who didn't want to go.

They're moving Radio 4 Saturday Live to Cardiff for no apparent reason, so Coles is leaving. His parish is in Northamptonshire, so presumably he's decided it's too far to commute. I don't understand the BBCs policy of making people commute 200 miles from London just so they can sit in front of a camera or microphone that's connected to a cable all the way back to London again. I remember the days when teleworking was going to reduce commuting, not create it.

https://inews.co.uk/culture/radio/r...day-live-bbc-2232413?ito=social_ifb_theipaper

It's been revealed just today that Radio 4 has lost 1.2 million lieteners in the last year. Doubtless the powers-that-be will be making excuses about how it's not their fault.

presta

Guru
It's been revealed just today that Radio 4 has lost 1.2 million lieteners in the last year. Doubtless the powers-that-be will be making excuses about how it's not their fault.

I didn't mind Gary Davis, he's ok, but now I have to decide whether to put up with adverts or Kay. I don't know what it is, but his chirpy manner just sounds a bit forced, and fake.

Top Bottom