Ken Laidlaw 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Waspie

Über Member
Any pics Waspie or Seamab (or was he 'moving through the pack' so quickly that the photi-man couldn't catch him :laugh: ?)

I'm the last rider in the white on the right of the picture.

My link

With the amount of pictures taken of me on the day I'm sure there will be some where I'm not a speck in the distance. Not sure if that's a good thing though!

Seamab

Interesting how the Garmin stats for Steven give 6954ft of elevation and 105.43 miles, while mine give 103.93 miles and 7,155ft with auto correction?

Nowhere near the claimed 3000m of climbing. Almost 2000ft short.Glad it was though!

Interesting how the Garmin stats for Steven give 6954ft of elevation and 105.43 miles, while mine give 103.93 miles and 7,155ft with auto correction?

Nowhere near the claimed 3000m of climbing. Almost 2000ft short.Glad it was though!

I only got 4,018ft on my 104.86 mile ride last year but I think the weather played a factor there if I use the if I use the elevation correction tool its 8,481ft :wacko:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
What's that in real money?

The Hamish D Smith website says 2,500m. I've still not uploaded from my Garmin, will do it tonight and compare.

The Hamish D Smith website says 2,500m. I've still not uploaded from my Garmin, will do it tonight and compare.

2,500m is 8202 ft, 8,481ft is 2,585m sounds close enough to me ;), Steven's 6,954ft = 2,120m and Seamab's 7155ft = 2181m; it'll be interesting to see what you get. From first glance the route of this years KL looks to be the same as last years :wacko:

Seamab

2500m should be app 8200ft which is not that far off Hlab's figure from last year.

The 3000m was advertised on one of the big laminates which were on display at one of the tables at the clubhouse.

My figure was over 7500ft before auto correction downsized it.

sayek1

2,500m is 8202 ft, 8,481ft is 2,585m sounds close enough to me ;), Steven's 6,954ft = 2,120m and Seamab's 7155ft = 2181m; it'll be interesting to see what you get. From first glance the route of this years KL looks to be the same as last years :wacko:

What a great event - brilliantly organised and friendly people everywhere - riders, organisers, helpers etc etc I'll be back next year, but might have to train a bit before as it was bloody hard work although I am blaming my slow time on extended cake-eating activities!

My Garmin read 105.12 miles, 7215 feet of climbing. Total riding time 7hrs 25mins although it felt like about 5days.......... Maybe less cake over the next 12months will help on that front........

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
What a great event - brilliantly organised and friendly people everywhere - riders, organisers, helpers etc etc I'll be back next year, but might have to train a bit before as it was bloody hard work although I am blaming my slow time on extended cake-eating activities!

My Garmin read 105.12 miles, 7215 feet of climbing. Total riding time 7hrs 25mins although it felt like about 5days.......... Maybe less cake over the next 12months will help on that front........

...so where are you in the pics ???

If your ride time was 7.25, we must have been near to each other. I was fairly distinctive, being the only one in CC colours :biggrin:.

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

Just received an e-mail from the organiser, who's attached a list of finishing times, not that it matters to me but it doesn't seem to open up, just in case anyone else has the same problem.

scook94

Veteran
Just received an e-mail from the organiser, who's attached a list of finishing times, not that it matters to me but it doesn't seem to open up, just in case anyone else has the same problem.

I had to use Open Office to get the .odt to work.You completed the Ken Laidlaw in 6h 49m! Well done! ;)

sayek1

...so where are you in the pics ???

If your ride time was 7.25, we must have been near to each other. I was fairly distinctive, being the only one in CC colours :biggrin:.

Hi Scoosh - I was 7.25 riding, but an extra 1hr 15min eating - I think I finished in 8.39 - they were just packing up bak at the rugby club- much longer and I'd have been in time for the first game of the season! Not sure if I saw you or not - I did pass (more correctly someone passed me) someone fleetingly in a CC top as I arrived at one of the feed stations. I was in a very bright green liquigas top.

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

I had to use Open Office to get the .odt to work.You completed the Ken Laidlaw in 6h 49m! Well done! ;)

I wish, is that what it said, i still can't open it, anyway i emailed the organiser to tell him of my DNF so hopefully he will correct it, when i came in to the end checkpoint i informed the lady checking the numbers that i was a DNF, she obviously didn't take it in.

Top Bottom