Ken Laidlaw 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
just a pity i go on holiday on Sat for a week, so i'll probably return with more weight than i'm already carrying :blush: swmbo has banned me from taking the bike, a week without cycling :angry::cry:

;) Do they rent out bikes where you go? Maybe you can negotiate a day with brownie points?
Have a good holiday!

T

Seamab

Scook and I were just talking about this - is it close enough to do a roll-call yet?

So far theres:

Scook94
Eldudino
Jimbhoy
Kfinlay(?)
Sayek1*
Scoosh*

* = Added from another thread.

I signed up a couple of days ago. At least i typed in my name and paid the entry fee online, but have had no correspondence since - is this the experience of others?

scook94

Veteran
I signed up a couple of days ago. At least i typed in my name and paid the entry fee online, but have had no correspondence since - is this the experience of others?

Yup. Same here. I think Bhoyjim, sorry Jimbhoy had confirmed with the organiser that this was as good as got!

Seamab

Anybody travelling down the day before?

Last year i stayed overnight in a wee place close to Hawick. The accomodation was good but there was a late bar with a lot of noise going on which meant little sleep. Due to it being Sunday, normal breakfast started too late for us to get to the start in good time for 9am. They did leave out some milk and a few fun packets of terrible Kelloggs cereals which was at least something.

So poor sleep, poor breakfast and £30 or so poorer - not this year!I'll just drive down in the morning.It didn't actually take that long (less than 2hrs IIRC)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
did it last year (8 hours in the pissing rain and having to drain the frame afterwards), and was hoping to get up to do it again this year, but mrs alec has booked us away camping…

in spite of the weather, by far the best sportive event i've done. where else can you see a golden cobra at the side of the road?

did it last year (8 hours in the pissing rain and having to drain the frame afterwards), and was hoping to get up to do it again this year, but mrs alec has booked us away camping…

in spite of the weather, by far the best sportive event i've done. where else can you see a golden cobra at the side of the road?

I did it last year too, IIRC I turned my carbon frame upside down and quite a lot of water came out. I then decided I'd better tale the seat post out and do it again and yet more water came rushing out. I could still hear water swooshing about inside so I took the bars/stem off too and got yet more water :rolleyes:.

As you say in spite of the weather it was great, the best organised Sportive I've done. On the bright side weather wise if it hadn't had been so bad I'd not stopped at the excellent feed station, I'm glad I did :tongue:. I did it in just under 6 & 1/4 (cycling) 6:37 when you include the excellent food stops :tongue:

Top Bottom