Ken Laidlaw 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So you'll be scrapping cars and sticking cycle super-highways everywhere! :thumbsup:

That's the supposed Scottish Government Policy in a nutshell, it's not anti car but considers them last :thumbsup:

Seamab

I hope you get better weather for it this year folks. I was positive that it was only 4000ft of climbing but I uploaded to Garmin Connect (with its auto level correction) and in fact it was nearer 8500ft, well it was too wet to see the hills ;-). Good luck.

How does this auto correction facility work? I tried it today on a ride i knew the elevation stats were wrong and it did sort it.

It seems odd that you can do the exact same route and get very different elevation results...

scook94

Veteran
How does this auto correction facility work? I tried it today on a ride i knew the elevation stats were wrong and it did sort it.

It seems odd that you can do the exact same route and get very different elevation results...

As I understand it, the auto correction uses the route plotted against various online resources to determine the elevation stats, rather than depending on the inbuilt barometric altimeter.

scook94

Veteran
Got an email from the organisers yesterday, which is good as at least I can be sure I'm in! Not sure if everyone else got it, but I'll bump this thread by quoting the email

Hello,
Hope your training is going well for the 4th Edition of the Ken Laidlaw Sportive 22nd August 2010.

Ken Laidaw the 1st Scotsman to compete the Tour De France will be riding along with Ian Moore who also rode the 1961 tour with Ken, so a great chance to meet them.

Sign on will be at

Hawick Rugby Club
Mansfield Road
Hawick
TD9 8AW

Please park your car on the grass behind the main stand, enter the club via the main stand.

Sign on starts at 7.30 am

Hot rolls, tea and Coffee will be available to purchase.

Hawick Rugby Club have Kindly allowed us to have full access to all the changing rooms, so you can get changed in the club rooms and have a shower when you finish.

Sign on will work as follows.

Make your way to the Rugby club rooms / Bar.

Your name will be on a sheet in alphabetical order.

Sign on the sheet to agree the conditions of the ride ( hard hats must be worn)

Write your Emergency phone number on the sheet.

Take a note of your rider number.

Collect your Rider number envelope from the main table.

Affix your number to front of your handle bars.

We would like everybody ready to ride and be in place behind the main stand for 8.45am, the ride starts at 9.00am sharp as a mass start.

The following has been put in place for your safety.

Tweed valley Mountain rescue will be attending all day.

1st Aid will be available via car support, cycle support and at feed stations.

Motor bike support to help warn oncoming traffic and Marshall busy junctions

Various people on course to Marshall and support

Broom waggon to support and a Mini bus.

Two feed stations will be set up with Hot and cold drinks available, filled rolls, tray bake cakes, fruit, sweets, water to fill bottles.

There will also be a drinks refreshment stop at top of one of the more challenging climbs.

Riders doing the beginners route should head back to Hawick after the 1st feed station.

When you cross the finish line we will need to get your rider number to credit the correct time, please ensure the timers get your number please or we might miss you.

Presentation of your sportive meda and giftl will be held in the main club rooms, your rider free meal will also be served here. The bar will be open

Macmillan Cancer Charity are helping and supporting the event at the feed stations, A coin collection will be done, please support this hard working local charity.

Hope you have a great day riding round the Scottish Borders

Kind Regards,

Craig & Hamish

Hawick Cycle Club

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Still not got one of them
sad.gif

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Those specially selected have got it :becool:.

amir

Über Member
Unfortunately I can't do this as I have a prior engagement. I would have liked to though. Instead I am going do the Tour of Tweeddale.

Top Bottom