Ken Laidlaw 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

MrRidley

Got my training up to date, completed a nice 100 miler in the sun today, just hope the weather's the same on the day of the run.

sayek1

Not sure wether to do this. Having done the Tross Ton & Selkirk I am now hooked. However, this one does look very challenging and I struggle on hills................ How would people rate this compared to the last two I have done?

This is my only option in August. My Sept target is the PFS 100mile route.

I done the Trossach Ton and Ken Laidlaw last year. I never found the KL too much harder it was certainly wetter ;-) Its a great well organised ride with great feed stops, if you are tempted go for it, I wish I was doing it again. My sportive participation has been limited this year :-( I'm doing the Tour of Tweedale in September, its only 90 miles though.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Not sure wether to do this. Having done the Tross Ton & Selkirk I am now hooked. However, this one does look very challenging and I struggle on hills................ How would people rate this compared to the last two I have done?

This is my only option in August. My Sept target is the PFS 100mile route.

I'd say Go for It :thumbsup: !

I managed it last year, having only completed my first 100miler earlier, then I too did the Selkirk event ... and was encouraged to do the KL by a number of riders on the Selkirk one.

Apart from the intense :rain: rain :rain: - or perhaps because of it :rolleyes: - I found it to be the most challenging ride I had done. I really felt I had earned the medal at the end :bicycle:. It was also the furthest I had ever ridden in one go ..... and it's not flat ..... but not impossible either :becool:.

I was very glad I did it and it has served as a springboard to further longer distances this year :bicycle:.

We'll see you at the start, then :huh: ?

[I'm sure you'll be finished way before me ;)]

JimtheScot

Hi JimBhoy, I see you’ve signedup for the Ken Laidlaw Sportive. It’s the same day as my favourite CTC run the Island Hopscotch. I’ve been really lookin forward to the Hopscotch fora long time as it was really good last year. But I must admit I’m tempted to try the Ken Laidlaw Sportive, never done a sportive and when I looked at the map it looks like a really good run. How are you getting down to it have you made any plans for transport?

JimtheScot

Hi JimBhoy, I see you’ve signedup for the Ken Laidlaw Sportive. It’s the same day as my favourite CTC run the Island Hopscotch. I’ve been really lookin forward to the Hopscotch fora long time as it was really good last year. But I must admit I’m tempted to try the Ken Laidlaw Sportive, never done a sportive and when I looked at the map it looks like a really good run. How are you getting down to it have you made any plans for transport?

thanks for the pm JimBhoy. I was looking to get a train down to Hawick but it appears they don't have a train station. Nearest one is Carlisle! I'm willing to drive but would like someone to come along to share the price of petrol.

So is anyone out there from the Glasgow area looking to split the cost of petrol to drive down and back up the same day?

Waspie

Über Member
I've signed up for this. Hopefully a bit drier than last year!

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

I'm having second thought's about going now, due to the issue with my new bike, don't know if i'd manage it on the much heavier Defy, hoping to hear from the dealer 2mrw.

scook94

Veteran
I'm having second thought's about going now, due to the issue with my new bike, don't know if i'd manage it on the much heavier Defy, hoping to hear from the dealer 2mrw.

How heavy is the Defy? And why can't you use the Bianchi? Or is the weather forecast the real reason you don't fancy it? :tongue: :whistle:

:whistle: Here is what the Metoffice people are currently preparing for you ... plenty of time for it to change yet!
Metcheck is much more benevolent at the moment ;)

Fingers crossed for you

T

I've found the Met office always predicts awful weather 3 or 4 days in advance and its never right until the day before. For instance it predicted on Saturday that Tuesday would be like that. It turned out to be a damp start but a glorius afternoon. I'm sure by Sunday it'll be fine :whistle: it had better be I'm wanting to cycle up to Aberfeldy. Good Luck Folks!

Top Bottom