Ken Laidlaw Scottish Borders Sportif - Aug 23

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
HLaB said:
I think one of the marshalls told me its comming out 'in the next couple of weeks'.

cool. i think i did see you with a red ecc shirt on, but wasn't sure…

as we were all in rain jackets, you won't have seen my macc wheelers jersey, but if you saw someone in a continental gilet with a red bike before the start, that was me…

my official time is a tad under 8 hours, but as mentioned above, there were plenty of time spent for stops; feed stations (both excellent), piss stops (i was riding with a very fit 65 year old) and to take a shite camera photo of the tibetan monastery.

i set just about every personal record possible on that ride, and it more than made up for missing this year's wild wales challenge.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
viniga said:
Does anyone know whether there is an article on this ride in Cycling Weekly? (I think an edition came out yesterday). The organisers suggested there would be but didn't indicate when.
Viniga
It'll be a while yet, as I filled in a wee report and sent it to the lady at CW whose email address Craig Turnbull added to his email ..... and received an automated Out-of-Office-till September response :rolleyes:

HLaB said:
Hi, welcome the forum. I never saw you drying off but I saw you plenty of times on ride; I was the bloke on the Bianchi.
There was one guy on a Bianchi passed me going up the long drag from Eskdalemuir to Ettrick.I was doing 18mph,and he was still pulling away from me.Thought he must of been in a hurry to Wine and Dine at the Ettrick Feed Station,but he kept on going,so i gather he was going for a good course time.To hell with that,i like to get my moneys worth,and a bit of banter,so off he went into the wet and wild grey and misty yonder...:wacko:

pinarelloFP5 said:
There was one guy on a Bianchi passed me going up the long drag from Eskdalemuir to Ettrick.I was doing 18mph,and he was still pulling away from me.Thought he must of been in a hurry to Wine and Dine at the Ettrick Feed Station,but he kept on going,so i gather he was going for a good course time.To hell with that,i like to get my moneys worth,and a bit of banter,so off he went into the wet and wild grey and misty yonder...:eek:
I don't think that was me, I done the Edinburgh Sportive 110 miles without stopping but with the weather I stopped at the feed stations it was a good spread :eek:. I was on a black Bianchi with celeste top tube, bars and saddle wearing a silver Bell helmet, blue track mitts, grey/blue montane rain jacket covering up black bib shorts with red on them and my red ERC stuff.

I did open my eyes occasionally :wacko:
5320_120819059481_654289481_2305403_1453850_n.jpg

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
alecstilleyedye said:
i won't mention the red dust caps either :biggrin:

the blue gloves sort of match the shoes but i'm not gay or owt…

Hey ! Got something about being "owt" ? ;)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Red dust caps :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:

Renard

viniga said:
My chain came off on the 'Swire' and thankfully a kind rider helped me prise it out from between the cog set and the spokes, him with a screwdriver and me using brute strength.

Hey that was me! Glad to have met you! :blush:

alecstilleyedye said:
never been so wet on the bike! my longest ever ride too, and met renard (i think) after he spotted my cc jersey after the event.

well organised,even if the weather was shite. i might do it again next year :sad:

Yep that was me. Have to agree about the organisation. Absolutely fantastic!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Renard said:
Hey that was me! Glad to have met you! :biggrin:
How wonderful (that you met and for your stopping to assist :bravo:) - pity you had not identified each other as CC people. Seamab and I were waiting at the bottom of the descent and asking other riders if they had seen Viniga.

It also means that Renard might actually have finished behind us :ohmy: :blush:

So confess, Renard, what was your time ??? :smile:

Top Bottom