Ken Laidlaw Scottish Borders Sportif - Aug 23

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Renard said:
I finished in front of you, just! 8.29 also :ohmy:
"Brown water rafting" perchance ???? :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ah, you're not the person I thought you were - we had discussed the amount of water in the rivers and had used the BWR expression. So you weren't the guy who finished in the same wee group as myself, Seamab and Viniga.

Were you riding with anyone else ?

BTW do those PlanetX overshoes keep your feet dry - or just warmer ?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Renard said:
I was riding with a girl in a red jacket. The overshoes only kept my feet dry for about 20mins but they probably helped keep them warmer and less vulnerable to occasional splashes.
OK, got you now :blush: I was chatting to the fair maid as we climbed Woll Rigg - and was slightly 'economical with the truth' about how much further there was to climb :laugh:. Anyway we all made it :laugh:.

As an extra matter, do waterproof overshoes exist ? Or is it a case of waterproof boots or warm-but-wet feet ?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HLaB said:
I forgot to say, BBC weather this morning that Eskdalemuir had its wettest August on record; tell us something we don't know :ohmy:
... and I did 2 sportives through it :rofl: :rofl:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
apparently we got it easy compared to the lel (london-edinburgh-london) audaxers…

this is the bit between eskdale and tushielaw, near the monastery…

lel%2B020.jpg

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Aye, I was talking to a guy in the changing rooms who had done LEL ('chapeau, Sir', said I :sad: ) and he was telling me about it.

Also saw some pics/reports on YACF - amazing that anyone got through :ohmy:.

We had it easy :evil:

Renard

Well we had it easy compared to the Bealach Mor today. People were getting blown off their bikes on the way up. I don't think that I've ever been more scared than on the big descent either. Overall a thoroughly miserable day. Yet I enjoyed it in a perverse sort of way.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
did a 60km club run today and most of the climbs were way steeper (although not as long) than on the sportive, including the cat 1 climb of gun hill which features in stage 5 (stoke-stoke) of the tour of britain. the pros can count themselves lucky they aren't going on to wincle…

Top Bottom