Kenneth McKellar RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
A good voice for Robert Burns fine songs - RIP

I remember the name and, I think, the singing too. Didn't he perform at the Eurovision one year in the 1960s? And came last or nearly last? :blush: I vaguely remember he delivered a traditional Scots air and performed in Highland dress. That may have counted against him, marked him as too stereotyped.

But he had a very fine tenor voice I remember.

wafflycat

A voice from my childhood. Having Scottish ancestry (maternal side) and doing Scottish Highland Dancing, I was indoctrinated with The White Heather Club, Kenneth McKellar and Moira Anderson LPs were owned by my parents and often played...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
wafflycat said:
A voice from my childhood. Having Scottish ancestry (maternal side) and doing Scottish Highland Dancing, I was indoctrinated with The White Heather Club, Kenneth McKellar and Moira Anderson LPs were owned by my parents and often played...
Ditto (except for doing the dancing)!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
661-Pete said:
I remember the name and, I think, the singing too. Didn't he perform at the Eurovision one year in the 1960s? And came last or nearly last? :laugh: I vaguely remember he delivered a traditional Scots air and performed in Highland dress. That may have counted against him, marked him as too stereotyped.

But he had a very fine tenor voice I remember.

He came 9th I think but Europe was a lot smaller then!

RIP him - it's weird to see childhood television memories fall away...Andy Stewart was the other BBC McBloke. One or other of them sang 'A Scottish Soldier' - Andy it was.

Ah! Mantovani and his music of the mountains - bring it on!
Now remembering Three way family favourites, RAF Akrotiri etc whilst eating roast beef and spuds (now I'm remembering the meat eating days ;) ) on a Sunday, and my Mum doing the ironing about six or seven in the evening when it was either Sing Something Simple or the Black and White Minstrel Show tripping out of the Decca radio.

Damn...:ohmy: :wacko:

Top Bottom