Keo pedals - I've had enough!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Well...just to join the party :okay:...no issues with Looks either, from mid range deltas to standard Keos.
Are they newer ones Global ? Perhaps like many things nowadays, they just aint what they used to be.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I've emailed the Look brand manager at Fisher Outdoor and told him I'm going over to Shimano unless he can tell me there's going to be a big improvement in quality. To my surprise I received a reply quite soon after but not surpsisingly, all it contains is a bland assurance that Look check everything carefully.

My son's Keo 2 Max pedals have also unscrewed from their cartridges. So it looks as if Wiggle is the cheapest source of 3 pairs of SPD-SL Ultegra pedals and two pairs of cleats for our bikes, which will at least bring us in line with our regular cycling buddy who bought SPD-SLs without realising they were different from Look.... ha ha.
I think Fisher are the main supplier of most goods to LBS so not sure they will give a hoot about what brand you buy as they will also supply that . I may be wrong though .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
And Retul, which they've now discontinued, more or less, as a system. Big companies buying smaller succesful companies kind of stinks doesn't it.
Yup , I vote we do nothing and carry on .

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
By way of an update, after less than 1000 miles the replacement Keos sent to me by Wiggle developed a click and then unscrewed from their cartridges. I have sent them back to Wiggle and gone over to Shimano SPD-SL. Last night I rode them for the first time and really liked the wider platform; they feel much more supportive than the Keos and the quality of the Ultegra version looks really superb. I was a bit surprised at the tightness of the cleats though and have loosened them right off. Maybe they will wear in with time.

Bye bye Look.

U

User33236

I was a bit surprised at the tightness of the cleats though and have loosened them right off. Maybe they will wear in with time.

Bye bye Look.
I presume you checked the tension adjustment? They are normally shipped at minimum setting but Mrs SG's Ultegra SPD-SL pedals came set about a third of the way up.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
They seemed to come at a low setting; the red indicator was showing fully but even that felt tight so I slackened them off so that the metal tab was beginning to disappear.

Top Bottom