Keyboard Problem (Fixed by a fluke)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had a constant problem with the so called 'f' button for the last few days since bringing this laptop out of storage and after dismantling the f and d buttons it still didn't seem to fix it.Even when I started the computer up I could hear the fact that a key was sticking or something.So every time I typed something I got a load of 'f's into the bargain.I noticed windows was trying to do a disk check as well due to some problem.This was under xp.

I started the laptop up under Vista and still had the same problem but have now decided to keep Vista on as it works perfect and gets onto the internet.I was thinking when I go abroad with this computer though I probably never will as it is too heavy.I bought it in Gran Canaria and it has a Spanish keyboard.

Trouble with Vista is,is it doesn't run all my old programs and has a heavy drain on a machine with 1GB ram.

I was beginning to suspect the key problem was a virus although a shortish virus check revealed nothing.

After restarting from Vista to XP this time computer did a disk check (for the first time without being caancelled by the keyboard problem) and although it took a little while I left it to fix cross linked files.

Now the keyboard works fine so I guess it must have been something to do with this?

Computers are funny things.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
that's f'in marvelous :ohmy:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Thanks no problems just an almighty cook up.I deleted Windows Vista by accident and now im trying to get rid of the boot screen.

Still who cares.:sad:

Got rid of boot screen,now I don't have all that Vista guff.Bit of a waste of time having Vista on a 1GB machine.Found both versions of Windows XP I have on this machine are fine.

Top Bottom