Kick Ass any good?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by cyberknight, 17 Apr 2010.

1. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

I am thinking of going to see this film and i wondered has anyone seen it yet?

What is it like?

Come one do not be shy ..............be warned though i play ..

http://eu.cityofheroes.com/en/

so i am biased :wacko:

2. Funtboy

Funtboy Well-Known Member

Not seen it but two mates of mine were raving about last night.

Go for it!

BTW you do know it isn't really about Superheroes in traditional sense?

3. redddraggon

redddraggon Blondie

It's pretty good, not a classic and not one I'll be getting on DVD, but worth a watch,

4. Ashaman42

Ashaman42 Über Member

Well worth a watch, enjoyed it a lot.

5. BearPear

BearPear Über Member

I really liked it. I can see why people are getting agitated, the language & violence coming from a tiny girl kind of makes you wince, but I laughed out loud at several bits. Look out for the scene using Elvis's "Glory, glory, Hallelujah", it cracked me up!

For the record, I'm a 40+ woman and went with hubby & 15 yr old daughter, we all enjoyed it. Shame our 17 yr old didn't come too, it would have been just his thing!

6. Brains

Brains Guru

I'm the wrong side of 50, I thought it was great.

It helps if you like Manga/graphical books

7. OP
    OP
    cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

Wrong side of 40 ,batman is my personal favorite hero/ vigilante as i have always been into the darker side of the genre aka

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns
    TheDarkKnightReturnsComic.jpg
    and not the adam west version

I liked the film, sure it was violent and the swearing from the girl was interesting, no worse than you hear from some kids though.
    I took it as i found it.The film did not pretend to be a classic or take itself seriously,once you got the idea it was for fun and taking the mickey out of the comic genre it was hilarious.

8. PBScott

PBScott New Member

There is a rumor they will make a version of that comic book series, too bad they already wasted the name The Dark Night Returns. Wonder what they will name it now ?

9. dellzeqq

dellzeqq pre-talced and mighty

it was fun. We laughed a lot. Don't worry about the plot, and overlook some of the acting and you'll have a good night out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice