Kickr to Tacx Neo. Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I had a unit that failed after about a year. Tacx sent me a brand new replacement. Excellent coms and support. That, generally, is users experience. If something goes wrong they are quick to replace or send out the extraction tool to those that need it.
The slipping at 15% plus? I never noticed anything until I read about it and then , very occasionally, thought I might be experiencing it. It may all have been in my head!
The only other thing I would say is it’s frigging heavy and not easy to move and probably suits permanent set ups better.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
sounds like what you are buying is peace of mind for £40 a year , depending on how much you use it i would have said its a no brainer
i have the neo and very pleased with it and if it broke tomorrow i would buy another neo !
i have never owned the other one so can't compare - i know they too have a lot of happy customers
only downside would be if you had to pack it away after every session like bibberty bobby says - they are very heavy
look on youtube of someone taking one to bits - they look extremely well made
guessing they are coming down in price as there is new models coming out - still think this one does all you need with no hassle

AlanW

Guru
I had two Kickr's and I could not get either of them to work as they should despite the excellent efforts of customer services at Wahoo. So I opted for a Neo which is a truly superb piece of kit until it blew up at just over twelve months old. :ohmy:

But it was replaced FOC with a brand new unit direct from Tacx in a very quick turnaround, superb service from Tacx I have to say.

bobinski

Legendary Member
sounds like what you are buying is peace of mind for £40 a year , depending on how much you use it i would have said its a no brainer
i have the neo and very pleased with it and if it broke tomorrow i would buy another neo !
i have never owned the other one so can't compare - i know they too have a lot of happy customers
only downside would be if you had to pack it away after every session like bibberty bobby says - they are very heavy
look on youtube of someone taking one to bits - they look extremely well made
guessing they are coming down in price as there is new models coming out - still think this one does all you need with no hassle

Bibberty bobby?!? :laugh:

Top Bottom