Kickstand Fitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martmorg

Hi there,

I recently brought a kick stand which i didnt realise was for frames with a specific chainstay mounting bracket.

it was only when it arrived i realised my bike dose not have this so was wondering if anyone knew of a way i can attatch this kickstand or do i need to get a different one?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Globalti

Legendary Member
Don't use a kickstand - it can crush or bend your frame if somebody leans on it and it adds weight.

Safer to lie the bike down carefully on its left side or lean it against something, making sure it can't slide back and damage the top tube. I sometimes even do the old trick of reversing the bike and leaning a pedal against a kerb in the back of its range of movement, if you know what I mean; this is no less secure than a kickstand as long as it's not windy and somebody doesn't blunder into it.

e-rider

crappy member
If you're talking about the 2 bolt mounting system for the rear left chain stay then the answer is:

Yes, if you don't have the fitting built into the frame you can buy a bracket that does the same thing - simply fit the bracket first and then attach the stand to it.. These often come with the kickstand but if you don't have one, you might have trouble finding one seperate for sale in the UK - search the web. If not, try ebay.de (Germany) as this type of kickstand is extremely common there. P&P might be a bit more but it would solve your problem!

Search for: Fahrrad Ständer or Hinterbau-Seite​nständer

OP
OP
M

martmorg

globalti, i need the kickstand for when im touring as will have my panniers and kit on so would not be possible to lay it on the side but thanks for the advice anyway!

and tundragumski that sounds exactly what im looking for so ill get searching now.

thanks again for the advice everyone.

I use the traditional one that sits between the chainstays.

They are cheap and nasty alloy and will give way before any damage to the frame, though not always the most sturdy. But I only use it to hold the bike whilst I unlock or lock the shed, since my garden is on a slope and I badly scratched my virtuoso when it rolled down the side of the kitchen wall :-( - hence my purchase of the side stand for the new tourer

Top Bottom