Kickstand for Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

CEBEP

Am I missing the point of a kick stand here?

Surely you would just fold the rear wheel under the frame and your brompton will stand comfortably by it self?

It's quicker and easier for me to pop-up a kickstand. Also my Brompton fell down after a wind breeze, so I wouldn't call it comfortable. Others may have different experience of course.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Surely you would just fold the rear wheel under the frame and your brompton will stand comfortably by it self?
indeed.

about as much point as those silly carrying handles that attach to the frame which can use to carry it, right next to a saddle you can use to carry it!!!

u_i

Über Member

indeed.

about as much point as those silly carrying handles that attach to the frame which can use to carry it, right next to a saddle you can use to carry it!!!

People vote with their feet, and more precisely the toes they slip under the kickstands to open or close them. The benefits seem to be:
1. It is much easier to open and close the kickstand than fold or unfold the rear triangle.
2. You can keep well more load in the front with a kickstand without worrying that the folded bike tips over.
3. You can actually use the rear carrier and do not need to clear it just to park a bike.

Now, you can do with your bike whatever you want. I am sure there will be some demonstration of owner's intelligence there :biggrin:.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I Borrowed a Kickstand when I needed to take some photo's of my Brommie. It was a bit of a faff to fit as it had a small screw / roller mechanism close to the main attachment point under the rear wheel axle fixing nut. I did consider getting my own after I'd returned the loan one, but it seemed too expensive. I'm not sure what improvements might have been made and what the current costs are.
The kickstand can just be glimpsed through the spokes of the rear wheel.

CHPT3.jpeg

shingwell

The point for me is that it is a pain if you have a loaded rack bag on the back.

ExBrit

Über Member
I Borrowed a Kickstand when I needed to take some photo's of my Brommie. It was a bit of a faff to fit as it had a small screw / roller mechanism close to the main attachment point under the rear wheel axle fixing nut. I did consider getting my own after I'd returned the loan one, but it seemed too expensive. I'm not sure what improvements might have been made and what the current costs are.
The kickstand can just be glimpsed through the spokes of the rear wheel.

View attachment 620870
I do hope that paint scheme is called 'Licorice candy'

Tenkaykev

Guru
I do hope that paint scheme is called 'Licorice candy'
The bike colours are red RAL 3020, black RAL 9005
Mudguards and chain guard are customised after market to the same RAL colour scheme.
Not really visible in the photo are the matching red / black chain and red brake pads in black holders 😁
EDIT: I forgot the black leather grips with red stitching...

Top Bottom