kidneys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
OK, son #2 last night asked me to buy him a kidney. Not the sort of "Hangover III, I lost my kidney in Pukhet" sort of kidney, rather one to dissect at school. So I need to pop to the local butcher to buy one for him.

But I can't really buy just one, so I thought I'd have a go at some kidney-based dish, that's where you come in. Frankly, other than steak and kidney pie (much too faffy) and devilled kidneys (not even sure what they are) I'm struggling a bit.

So I need some super simple kidney-based dish (Mrs N has refused to help as she regards kidneys as some sort of IED) and also what sort of kidneys to buy (although I appreciate dissection and cooking may require a bit of compromise, animal-wise)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I like kidneys but find them a bit much as a main. Fried and served with some garnish for an appetiser maybe...

... or blend with onions, streaky bacon, seasoning and herbs for a paté?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Plain old fried? Or some complicated rich p-fried method?
Heh! My reputation is unearned!

Fry with shallots, garlic, toms, herbs, streaky bacon (I love streaky) and stir in a bit of cream. Serve with crusty bread.
Or make something else up!

TVC

Despite being put in the spotlight by Rocky, I can't offer more than what has been said above. Personally I like them fried in a little butter along with some decent bacon and mushrooms, and a lump of toast to mop up the juices.

Steak and kiddley pud can't be beaten though.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Despite being put in the spotlight by Rocky, I can't offer more than what has been said above. Personally I like them fried in a little butter along with some decent bacon and mushrooms, and a lump of toast to mop up the juices.

Steak and kiddley pud can't be beaten though.

Sounds like tomorrow's breakfast may be sorted. Yumtus. But not the pud, everyone knows that only Hollands can make those.

Top Bottom